[ASU] 2nd Call for Nominations for African Hero of the Year 2010

Titus Gwemende tg843808 at ohio.edu
Mon Oct 19 22:22:50 EDT 2009

Just a reminder as the deadline nears!Thanks to those who have responded sofar

Dear colleagues

It's  that time again when we show appreciation to those who have
selflessly devoted their lives to the advancement of Africa's
freedom,prosperity and significance.In an attempt to encourage responsible
leadership,ASU holds an Annual Heroes night to recognize and reward heroic
contributions towards the African continent.We intent to have our Annual Heroes
Night in the Winter quarter on a day to be advised soon.

On behalf of the Heroes Nomination Committee,l want to announce that we are now
receiving nominations for 2010 Hero of the Year.As you know,the criteria is
essentially for you to show evidence that the person nominated has contributed
outstandingly in any field of relevance to the continent.Feel free to nominate
anyone from any part of the globe as long as they have done outstanding work
for the African continent.We however,hope for a person who is easily accessible
and could agree to travel in person to Athens at a reasonable cost to ASU.
Past heroes that have been recognized by ASU include Kofi Annan,Wole
Soyinka,Nelson Mandela and our Hero for 2009 is our very own Professor
W.Stephen Howard-Director for the African Studies Programme.

All nominations should be send me or to the following emails,
Patrick:pl3107909 at ohio.edu
Abobo:wa404309 at ohio.edu

Please include a profile of the nominee in not more than 300 words by the 25th
of October at midnight.Feel free to ask questions

Regards

Titus

Titus M. Gwemende
Graduate Assistant
Department of Communication and Development
Ohio University
ATHENS,45701
Phone:740-591-5527