[ASU] Kenyan women and the avenues

maingi Solomom as225108 at ohio.edu
Thu Apr 30 13:07:28 EDT 2009

Fletcher,

It is an effort, to say the least, and it is true that extraordinary
situations call for extraordinary measures. It is also true that it might be
imposible to monitor the diffusion of the innovation.
My only concern: what is the basic assumption? That men are the problem? I
don't think so. Reason one, Most families are at the same level of political
participation and so if the man is complicit, the woman is also complicit or
is ready to live with it. Two, sex might be the only consolation for most
families (women included)who are frustrated by the selfish political system
and power structure. This might lead to an imposition of 'sunctions' on a very
innocent population of common men. Three, a good number of the men involved in
the squabbles are either sexually inactive (due to age) or impotent. Four, it
is a move championed by women only without consultation with equal
stakeholders (men).
This move might destroy the very unit that holds society together. It might be
source of family antagonism, misunderstanding, and infidelity and thus destroy
a basic unit of society, the family.
Finally, in a society where everybody is a politician, this might be a
political gimmick (cheap publicity stunt). Lets wait and see what happens...
These are my opinions and so they are overly subjective!

Solomon
Kenyan `High commissioner'
OU

The significant problems that we face in this world cannot be solved by the
same level of thinking that created them- My friend, Albert E.