[Aphio-L] Fwd: Semester Updates

President Alpha Phi Omega Delta Gamma president.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 16:07:01 EDT 2020

Hi, again brothers. This is an email to help get just a little more
clarification on some things going on this semester. We are trying to stay
as updated and transparent as possible during this situation.

Sincerely,
Alicia Klohn

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Section H6 Chair <sectionh6chair at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 8:19 PM
Subject: Semester Updates
To: Brittany Ramsey <regionhchair at gmail.com>, Brother HSix <
brotherhood.sectionh6 at gmail.com>, Anastasia Bradley <
communication.sectionh6 at gmail.com>, Emylee Davis <
fellowship.sectionh6 at gmail.com>, Gabbie Evans <service.section.h6 at gmail.com>

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to send you all an update on the communications we have received
from the national office and give you a guide of what we're hoping to do
for the semester. A lot of it is still in the works, so some of this will
take time to get out, but all of it is coming! I know this email is long,
but it has a lot of important updates (there are many more to come) but
email is going to be the biggest form of communication now this semester!

First, credits will need to be suspended for all of your members. Because
students didn't this was coming, it is not fair for them to be expected to
even get half their credits without this being known in advance.

Second, even though there is not a lot to do this semester, there is a lot
we can do to prepare for next semester! Therefore you all should still hold
virtual meetings, I would recommend once every other week for those of you
that were meeting every week. It would be a great way to get feedback from
your brothers and plan for a great fulfilled next semester!

The Nation has purchased Zoom accounts for every region to make it easier
for students to hold the virtual meetings. We get access on Monday, so once
we can play around with it and figure it out we will open it up to you. You
guys will have to reserve the meeting time because it will be for the
entire region.

Elections still must be held!!!! These can be done online, but your should
still be doing the virtual meeting to allow a discussion before hand. The
National Office is working on online voting tools.

With that, we must worked even harder on transitions, especially if you are
a graduating senior!!! Your new officers will not have a chance to start
their position with you here, so it is very important that you put effort
in training them and making sure they understand their roles.

The National Office is working on a "Pledge Learning Pathway" that pledges
can do on their own time to learn about the fraternity. However, you can
still just do virtual pledge meetings (which would be my preferred choice).

There will still be an invoice for members on April 15th and when you
initiate brothers. If there is a brother near the school that can go in and
pay the invoice that would work, you can also request a check from the
school (will take longer, just let the National Office know it's coming).
If you have brothers that haven't paid yet and will pay for their own, they
are also working on an individual payment option that will just apply to
the open invoice.

The National Office is working on some virtual service opportunities, and
leadership is always available through the online webinars! We have already
gotten one. It is a quick survey about driving habits aimed at people aged
15 1/2 - 24 (see the attached document). It was recommended that people who
do the survey get one service hour or they can enter to win an amazon gift
card for participating. 1 in 5 entries get a gift card!

Both March events for the section have been cancelled.We are leaving the
April 26th networking event on the calendar for now. It does not have to be
APO affiliated since you won't get credit and therefore it is more of a
gathering to get to know each other. Of course final decision will be made
based on how the next several weeks go.

Lastly, Sectionals needs to be postponed due to the restriction of only 100
people gathering. It will be held at a later date that chapters will get to
vote on once we get all the other resources out to the students. *We will
still be having a virtual section meeting on April 18th.* Your school still
needs to have two voting delegates that must be on the virtual meeting, but
I encourage all brothers to attend!

I know this is not great and really puts a damper on the chapters. We will
get through this and will make the best of technology this semester! Just
because you cannot do APO related things this semester does not mean you
can't hangout as friends, especially if you live in the same city. I am
always down to get coffee or dinner with a fellow bro if you live in the
Columbus area.

Please let me know how I can help your chapters succeed and let me know if
you have any questions!

Fraternally,

Sabrina Zurhorst
Section H6 Chair

--
*LFS, *

*President*
*Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity*
*Delta Gamma Chapter*

*Alicia Klohn*
*567.201.3013*