[Aphio-L] Chapter minutes 8/28

Mackenzie Kistler communications.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 10:11:07 EDT 2016

*APhiO Chapter Minutes 8/28/16*

Have an awesome week bros!

*President*:

WELCOME BACK!!

Is everyone sitting with their fam? If not, get up and move :)

Guest speakers: Megan Gutknecht & Kellie O’Keefe

Band-aid drive… turn into me up front

Family Heads & By-law committee selection

Families that still need by-law committee member: Beta, Chi, Epsilon, Iota,
Omicron, Rho

Orgsync

Sectionals Planning Committee: We will begin work Sunday September 11th at
7pm, before chapter each week.

Nationals: Dec 27-30th in Pittsburgh, PA

Reasons to go: ITS AMAZING, meet brothers from around the globe, attend
awe-inspiring workshops, complete LEADS certificates,its like Regional
conference but much better

Cost: $185 for registration, about $75 per person for hotel. This may vary
slightly!

Good news? Chapter will elect 2 people to be our voting delegates, those 2
people will get their $185 registration paid for! Also, FUNDRAISING YAY!
MORE WE FUNDRAISE THE LESS IT’LL COST

Travel: About a 3 hour drive from Athens

If you want to go, I need a definite answer and a contract signed by
OCTOBER 1ST

Requirements for the semester:

2 Service Week Hours

2 Charity Chair Event Hours

2 Fundraising Hours

3 Fellowship Hours (1 with your family)

13 Chapter/Mandatory event hours (Rush, Activation, ect.)

14 Service Hours

Committee Requirements as decided by your exec

$50 Dues

List-Serv Check

Instructions for how to subscribe:

Scroll down to: “Subscribing for APhio-L”

Enter your OU email

Enter your first and last name as listed on the website

Enter a password

Go to your email and CONFIRM your subscription

*Leadership:*

Who will it be??? Oooo Ahhhhh!

Talk to Sarah if you have any questions about the position

*Service*:

Hats for Heads Coordinator

Look out for ATCO Bowling Information

Working with Scouts and new organizations, keep an eye out

Dog walking forms

Weeklies with the Laurels will start next week - look out for an email with
info

Email any outside hours from summer - DO NOT ENTER YOUR OWN OUTSIDE HOURS

We’re changing the way we do sign ins:

To make the process more efficient and accurate sign ins must be given to
us as:

1. A physical copy or

2. Email us a picture of the physical sign in

Don’t text us sign ins or send them to our personal emails - service
account only

If you’re the only person at an event, you still need to email us to let us
know you were there

*Fellowship*:

Email fellowship.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com your new family heads!

Contact us if you would want to hold an event during homecoming week

An email will be sent out THIS WEEK with all of our apparel for this
semester!

All cost between 5-20 dollars! & GREAT PR FOR APHIO!

*Fundraising*

Welcome back!

We have some great upcoming events this semester!

PURA VIDA! → buy 2 for $10 and get one hour or buy 4 for $20 and get two
hours. PLease sign up on the website and specify how many you want. We will
have them at chapter on Sept. 11th & 18th and then our committee members
will have them around campus.

Yankee Candle (upcoming)

DP Dough (upcoming)

Grilled cheese sales (upcoming)

& more ideas soon!!

*Ombudsmen*:

THEME OF THE WEEK: OU GEAR!! Family Points/ Free T Shirt

Suggestion Box Service Hour

Office Hours for concerns with nominations/elections

Office Hours are THURSDAYS 2-3 IN FROOM

*Treasurer*:

Dues are $50!

Dues go up on September 18th.

Dues MUST be in by October 16th.

Can’t afford it? Talk to Ombuds.

Need a payment plan? Come see me.

OFFICE HOURS MONDAY 6:30pm-8:30pm in Front Room

*J-Board*

Risk Management Overview

Social Media

Drinking and Drugs

Hazing/Sexual Harassment

Representing the fraternity at events

Nominations

VP of Leadership nomination- Kyle Caulfield

NSEC- Emlyee Smith

Grades due by the end of the week

Early Alum/Associate requests due by tomorrow

Committee Assignments will be emailed at the end of chapter

jboard.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com

*Membership/Pledge Educators*

Informal Rush: Monday, September 5th from 6-8 in Walter 135

NO SWEATPANTS

Formal Rush: Thursday, September 8th from 6-8 in Walter Rotunda

Snappy Casual

Rush Shirts

Interview Committee/Pledge Ed committee we will contact you later this week

Start thinking about taking littles

Flyers

Send binder info in please!(By Wednesday August 31st)

*Charity Chairs*

Tentative date for Fall Event is November 16th

Working on some fundraising ideas so stay tuned!

charity.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com

*National Event Chairs*

SERVICE WEEK SAVE THE DATE: November 6-12

“Improving Literacy for Children”

Looking for a new NSEC chair! Come talk to us if you’re interested!

I’m sick as a dog (hence why I’m not at chapter) but I hope you all have a
great week!!!!

*Faculty Pageant*:

Welcome back bros!

Mark your calendars we have picked a date!

Monday February 20th

Our goal for the pageant is $4,000

*Communications*

Rush is coming up check the social media for the rush video and fliers this
week!

Follow us: twitter- aphiodeltagamma

insta- aphio_deltagamma

Committee come see me after chapter

*Historian*:

Please send me any pictures and videos from both Camp Quality and Give Kids
The World from this past summer and any other previous trips!

RUSH VIDEO! If you have any idea/would like to be in it please let me know.

Also please send any pictures and videos from any APhiO event/trip for the
rush video to me ASAP!

Keep on the look on out for a new birthday sign up sheet on facebook!

*Chapter Mins Quiz:*

What is the twitter handle?

When is informal rush?

How many service hours are you required to do this semester?

--
*Communications Chair*
Alpha Phi Omega

Kenzie Kistler