[Aphio-L] Service Hour Opportunities

AphiO Service service.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 17:44:33 EDT 2013

Dear Pledges and Actives,

Once again, we are very sorry for the cancellations from the student EXPO
organizers. We understand that many of you, actives and pledges alike, were
counting on those hours. So in light of this we have made a few
adjustments, amendments and phone calls to increase the amount of service
hours we are offering. A list of these is included below! In addition we
will be trying our best to offer even more so keep an eye on the website.
If you have any questions, please email us at
service.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com.

- At this time we are waiving the '4 donation hour' limit for the duration
of the semester.

- Donation events such as the Bradley Moorehead Memorial Basketball
Tournament and Backdrops Beach Volleyball tournament that were offered as
one hour are now worth the same amount of hours as the event itself (for
instance, the memorial tournament is now worth 6 hours and the volleyball
tournament is worth 2).

- We are encouraging people who already have their full amount of service
hours to consider holding off signing up for events in order to free up
spots for those who need them.

- As soon as I send out this email, I will be putting up an event for the
OU track and field meet for this weekend. They have shifts throughout the
day so this is a great opportunity to get your hours.

- I will be calling UMC to see if they would be willing to expand the
number of volunteers they want for Monday Lunch shifts.

- Carolyn has agreed to have 20 people per shift for hats for heads this
week. Again, as soon as I send this email I will be putting up an event for
wool donations to hats for heads (remember, I am waiving the 4 donation
hour limit but I will be limiting it to a maximum of two hours that can be
earned from this so we don't get swamped with a load of wool that we can't
store).

- The 2:30pm-6:00pm Student EXPO shift is now re-opened. However please
sign up fast as I need to send the organizers a list of volunteers within
24hrs.

- We will be offering hours for cleaning out the AphiO office and storage
unit. These events will go up after execs on Wednesday. In addition, there
will be a donation event for labels and sharpies put up alongside it
(again, only 2 hours can be earned from this).

- I (Robert) am more than willing to give people my place on events I have
signed up for. These include: Student EXPO (Thursday 2:30pm-6:00pm), Hats
for Heads ( Wednesday 7:00pm-8:00pm), Ice Skating Show (April 13th,
7:00pm-9:00pm) and CarFit training and event shifts (April 13th
9:00am-3:00pm). Please email me at my personal account (
robert.c.burke at hotmail.com) or text me at 937-239-3104 if you are
interested.

Vice Presidents of Service
Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity*
*
Robert Burke         Allison Barwacz
937.239.3104             440.212.8108
*