[Aphio-L] Chapter Minutes

APhiO Delta Gamma Secretary secretary.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
Thu May 19 17:42:48 EDT 2011

Chapter
Alpha Phi Omega -Delta Gamma
Morton 201 9pm
Ohio University

* WELCOME*
President

   - thanks For Everyone who came out to the round table
   - Office hours are normal for next week
   - We will have another round table in two weeks:
   -    - Discuss how to assign littles per family
   -    - Risk Management
      - was problems/concerns with last year

J-board

   - It has been brought to our attention that there were some people
   working the hot dog sale yesterday that were not sober.  This is against our
   risk management policy (and makes us look bad as a dry chapter).
   - These people will be dealt with individually, but REMEMBER:
      - -NO drinking before/during fellowship/service events (*or anything
      associated with APhiO)
      - -You cannot be intoxicated (by ANY substance) at service events!!!
   - youth service nominations:
      - Andrea Foreman
      - Sidney Lawlor
      - Rachel Levine

Senior Superlatives~

   - please vote and turn them in at the end of chapter or next chapter

Ombudsmen

   - What changes would you like to see for name that active in the fall?
   - feel free to e-mail !

Service

   - Calliope Child Care:

Monday 6-830PM

Lutheran Church on Mill (normal location)

   - Wednesday 6-830PM

UCM (18 N. College) room 6, which is at the front on the second floor

   - The shifts for this Saturday and Sunday are being covered by a
   babysitter, so if you already signed up, we're just removing the event, and
   you don't need to volunteer
   - Friday shift is still on!!
   - Kennedy Gallery Guard

Trained volunteers need to sign up for the last couple of Fridays please!!
Beth said that the more vital shift is 12-2:30PM
If you are trained and available these last few dates please volunteer!
Friday Dinner:
Sarah Hider

   - putting a friday spaghetti dinner
      - need entertainers to help out, make it fun!
      - want to make a restaurant environment, so we need waiters
      - taking donations

Warrior Dash-

   - June 4th and 5th, we need at least 25 volunteers and we will get $1000!
   WOO!
   - We'll have more info later this week!
   - take to Katie this week and an e-mail will follow

Friendly Reminder...

   - If you don't complete your service hours you will become inactive, and
   this will be week 8 so make sure you're getting your hours done!

Relay

   - raised nearly $10,000
   - Didnt Get your shirt?
      - Everyone gets one, but if you didnt sign up online, you get a
      medium.
      - We will send out an email about where to come pick it up.
      - awards banquet, membership picnic all places to get your shirt!
   - We have lots of left over food.
      - Come and get it
   - Relay auction
      - You should have received an email about winning the auction.
      - Please pay us and we will get you the email of the person who will
      be servicing you.

FUTURE?

   - We may have another car smash, letter writing
   - We can still turn in money for our team till august, so if you get
   donations, they still go to the American Cancer society
   - should get hours up by wednesday!

   - A few reasons why we rocked relay!

1. Liza Won American Idol

2. We won miss relay with over $500.00 (we rigged it lol)

3. Andy Schmitt did 60 laps

4. Julie walked from 4 a.m.-10 a.m.( and was hard to keep up with.)

5. We only had to set the luminaries back up once (thank you random gust of
wind)

6. There was a lot of survivorship dinner left over that we got to eat

7. We basically ruined everyones games by playing a huge game of dodgeball.

8. Buddha brought morning doughnuts.
Fellowship

   - Indoor Soccer

Tomorrow (Monday, May 16)

Ping, Area A

5:30pm

Be there by 5:15 with your StudentID
STILL UNDEFEATED!
GO FLYING EAGLERS!
Scavenger hunt

Wednesday, 7-9pm

Meet by the statue on College green

Its going to be a lot of fun and there will be great prizes!!!  *winning
team gets big prize

cody has worked REALLY hard (along with his committee)
SIGN UP!!! :)
TAG IS STILL GOING!!!
bring to the banquet if you are it!
Family 5

Dinner at Shively

Monday may 16th

5:30pm

Meet there :)
Sign up online!!

Family 1

Dinner at Shively

Tuesday may 17th

7:30pm

Meet there a few minutes early!!
Family 6 movie night

Grover E205

Wednesday (may 17th)

7:00-9:00pm

Suggest movies on the sing in online!!
Sign up online!!
Family 2

Bridesmaids may 19th (this Thursday)

7:30pm Athena grand
tie dye?
    “We’re so LFS”
    sign up by TUESDAY (or wednesdayyyyy...)
    univ. of Illinios uses LFS as adj, vrb, noun, etc
Youth Service

   - -up to 11 people for clean-up after the West Elementary Carnival
   - -4 people for field day on Thursday the 26th
   - -6 people for field day on Friday the 27th (shift 1)
      - please help out!
   - -1 person for Help Me Grow on the 31st

Fundraising
 Millfest

   - ** If you worked the Mill Fest Hot Dog Sale (tabling or donations) and
   your hour isn't up after chapter, e-mail us please! The sign in got SOAKED!
   - **Also, if your hour isn't showing up for any other events, e-mail us
   for that too (tell us what event you need credit for)!
   - again, please don't show up intoxicated
   - CHECK SLIDES
   - ** If you worked the Mill Fest Hot Dog Sale (tabling or donations) and
   your hour isn't up after chapter, e-mail us please! The sign in got SOAKED!
   - **Also, if your hour isn't showing up for any other events, e-mail us
   for that too (tell us what event you need credit for)!
   - upcoming events
      - car wash!
      - anyone has a hose? if so, please donate your house for a DOGGY WASH!

Rush

   - go green student move in
   - INTEREST SHEET GOING AROUND!!!!
   -    Basically help freshmen move in to their dorms while
   -    great way to promote APhiO!!!
   -    Freshmen move-in before we do, so if you will be down here
   -    this summer please consider helping out!!!
   -    Please indicate if you would like to be our rep at the June 1st
   -    meeting.
   - --What is interview committee???
   -    1. The majority will be interviewing during normal interview
   -         times. You will have premade ?'s and will be judging
   -          people's personal presentations
   -    2.  Some will be actively interviewing during the second pre-rush
   -          "Speed Dating" meeting
      - need 5-6 people to help interviews
   -    3. Rate each potential bro and   determine cuts
   - --Process
   -    --Email the Ombudsmen  (by sunday week 10) NOT RUSH CHAIR
   -    --Tell them 3 things
   -       Why you want to be on interview committee
   -            --Why you think you would be good on interview
   -                committee
   -            --What qualities would you look for in the people you
   -                 interview
      - bullet points, essay format, doesnt matter
      - this would be your committe hours
      - will be on THURSDAY and FRIDAY, keep in mind with classes and tests
   - tshirts - today is last day!

Historian

   - Come to the Membership Picnic next Sunday to record a goodbye message
   for a senior and to get some pictures to personalize the APO website with
   photos of our own bros!
   - or you can record your own and send it in

PR

   - Brother of the week!!
   - Katelyn Crabtree
   - Check out the full article on the AΦΩ-ΔΓ Facebook page!

Membership
        Picnic next sunday!
        family heads in charge of arranging items/food/toys

   - Family One: 2 bags of charcoal and 1 one bottle of lighter fluid
   - Family Two: Condiments and cheese
   - Family Three: Drinks and Ice
   - Family Four: Potato Salad
   - Family Five: Chips and Cookies
   - Family Six: Hamburgers and Veggie Burgers
   - Family Seven: Hot dogs and veggie dogs
   - Family Eight: Plates/Napkins/Utensils/Cups
   - Family Nine: Buns and Trashbags
   - Family Ten: Fruit Salad

We need enough food for about 150 people.
Family heads need to collect the food!

   - Contact us if you're having trouble getting everything!
   - Other things we need people to bring include:

COOLERS!     * and ice!
Corn Hole sets
Volleyballs/Soccer Balls/Frisbees/etc.
Slip n' Slide, water balloons? kiddy pools?
If you have any of this stuff or want to bring anything else please sign up
online so we know!
May 22nd, 1-3! at Strouds.
Everyone should bring a blanket or towel to lie on, or a chair if you want!
Bring homework or just come relax and have fun!
Directions will be emailed out to everyone.

   - Families:
   - By a unanimous decision from everyone at the round table, we have
   decided to go with the last option of splitting up everyone evenly and
   randomly to form new families.
   - LINEAGE WILL BE KEPT INTACT!!
   - Please remember that we are all bros before ANYTHING else.
   - we chose this because:
   - It is the most fair option.
   - It has the best chance of fixing the problem and improving the chapters
   closeness.
   - It sets a better precedence for the future of the chapter.
   - It will be new and exciting for fall of next year!
   - The pledges will come into even, secure families.
   - It provides an opportunity to meet new people and form new bonds while
   STILL keeping your old relationships!
   - Families will be able to do things like Color Wars or family events.
   - KEEP IN MIND
      - Families have been changed in the past and everyone is just fine
      now.
      - It will happen right when we get back in the fall so it won't be as
      huge of a change.
      - This is for the future of our chapter!
      - We hear complaints about cliques and uneven families, and a complete
      overhaul is our best chance to improve these issues.
      - If you wanted a vote and you wanted your opinion heard, you could
      have emailed us or come to the round table discussion.
      - family heads will still be family heads
      - current family heads need to send in family lineage by the end of
      the quarter
      - templates are available to download to make it easier
      - Renee = although it sucks, it is a huge opportunity to form close
      bonds with new bros ! “It will work out for everyone”
      - next round table is about maintaining family sizes year after year
      (including littles/graduating bros

Supportive bro = RELAY :)
Awards

   - Happy birthday to:
      - Andrew Sabio = May 15
      - Brianna McTaggart = May 16 (whoop!)
      - Kelsey Micucci = May 16
      - Leah Grinell = May 17
      - Abigail Kornowski = May 18
      - Allie O-Neil = May 18
      - Alex Doyle = May 18
      - Myranda Owcaon = May 19
      - Rachel Walsh = May 2

    Announcements:

Dani has shirts from Britney Gideon

    care packages to donate - Rachel Levine

    May 31 awards business casual

    check attendance. service, fellowship hours!

    sand volleyball this week, $3 free pizza

    membership meeting this week, look for e-mail

    GKTW fundraising this week with Meredith

    end of week for shirts LFS

    give sign ins to service

--
Brianna McTaggart
Secretary/Alpha Phi Omega Coed Service Fraternity/Chapter Delta Gamma

---------------

---------------
*5k:* 5k.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com
*Awards:* awards.aphiodeltagamma at gmail.com