[Aphio-L] Pet Relief Drive!!

Hocevar, Rachael rh327208 at ohio.edu
Sat Sep 18 18:26:16 EDT 2010

 Hey guys!!

My friend Liz, who works for the Athens Humane Society, wanted to know if we could help out with collecting supplies for relief for the pets affected by the recent tornado. I told her how great our organization is and how I'm sure we could help out! Here's the message she wanted me to pass on:

As most of you know, a tornado ripped through parts of Southeastern Ohio on Thursday causing this region to be declared in a state of emergency. Over 200 people have been displaced from their homes. But here's another problem, they were forced to leave their pets behind and have been unable to get back to them since Thursday to feed them or care for them. And others have been unable to supply their pets with basic needs.

This is where we need your help. We need basic pet supplies in order for people with clearance to the evacuated areas to hand them out and help care for the pets that were left behind.

We need: -Cat/dog food -Cat litter -Towels/paper towels -Bottled Water -Basic first aid supplies -Collars and leashes -Blankets -Fencing -Tarps -Crates -Kennels -Gift cards to Walmart or Tractor Supply -Money donations will also be greatly appreciated

As of now, items will be collected at 70 1/2 Mound St Athens, OH 45701 (its the door down the stairs to the right of the building) in the big tan Rubbermaid bin. Hopefully we will be able to get some space at the Baker Center this week to make drop off more convenient. Items will be distributed ASAP to storm victims and to relief workers.

If you would like to help with the collection please contact:

Liz Dumler-937-304-5795
Or Tammy HannHarlan-937-657-8839

If you guys could donate anything at all, it would help out soo much!! You can call/text Liz or I if you have any questions! My number is 440-382-8739.
Thanks bros!!
Rachael Hocevar