[Aphio-L] Cleaning up Athens High School

Aphio Service service.aphio at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 13:07:17 EDT 2010

Hello all,

First off, I'd like to thank the brothers who went to the Plains today to
distribute cleaning kits to the families this morning. It makes me happy to
see everyone's dedication to the community. We have two service events that
will be up on the website for those looking to volunteer *TOMORROW*:

The Involvement Center on the Baker 3rd floor has an information desk where
we have signed up to work tomorrow morning from 9-12. Our duty is to help
answer phone calls and collect donations from people. 2 people will work per
hour, and so far, only Nikki Germano and Katie Lathrop are signed up. This
leaves 4 spots that we NEED to fill by tomorrow morning. (I will send more
information to you if you choose to sign up)

The second event will also occur tomorrow morning from 9-12. Many people in
the Athens community will be going to Athens High School and helping clean
up the debris caused by the storm in hopes that the kids can return to
school by Monday. All that is required is a pair of gloves and a bucket.
Sign ups will be on the service site, however, here is the link to the
Facebook event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=147789311925233

I know that these projects seem to be last minute, but I will try my best to
post them as soon as I hear about them. Thanks again to everybody who has
shown their support over the past few days, I'm sure that we will continue
to be heavily involved in the clean up efforts.

Have a great day,
Kris

--
Gaby Swisher