[Aphio-L] Chapter Minutes September 12, 2010: "A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for." - William Shedd ~ Be a ship at sea (metaphorically)!

APhiO Secretary aphiosecretary at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 16:33:43 EDT 2010

Ohio University

Alpha Phi Omega

Chapter – Delta Gamma

September 12, 2010

Morton 201

---------------Chapter Minutes--------------------

   - Our faculty advisor Dr. Julie Suhr  - Open door policy! - Her
office: *Porter
   Hall 250*
   - *Representative from Habitat for Humanity*
      - Cardboard City fundraiser – largest organized fundraiser for the
      organization
      - *September 25th in Morton parking lot*
      - Form teams - *$15 per person to register*
      - Habitat for Humanity offers housing at low interest rate – offers a
      “hand-up” not a “hand-out”
      - 23 homes have been built to date in Athens County since Habitat
      began 20 years ago
      - % of population of Athens County that is living below the poverty
      line ~27%
         - *Possible donations: bags of snacks and duct tape*
      - *J-board:*
      - Nominations and elections for *Treasurer*:
      - Candidates:
      - Lindsey Johansen
         - Renee Lewis
         - Elena Vetrano
      - Nominations: Relay 4 Life (*Elections next Sunday* - *We will elect
      3 people*)
      - Candidates
      - Pat Van Horn
         - Eric Horton
         - Grace Levally
         - Meredith Woods
      - *Service*:
      - *New weeklies:*
         - Good Earth Farm:
            - Tuesdays 9-11 am
            - 15 people max
            - gardening, planting, donations
            - 10 minute drive or take bike path toward Nelsonville
               - carpooling from Morton
            - Kennedy Guard Changes:
            - *Now a somewhat quarterly project*
            - 10 people maximum – won’t volunteer every week but will
            alternate
            - orientation
         - Last Chance Corral
            - *Change in time to Fridays from 9-11am* - still carpool from
            Morton
            - ATCO Bowling
            - Wednesdays 5-7
            - Sept 15 – Nov 10
            - 6 open spots, sign up after chapter
            - $4 for games, shoes are free
         - Athens Behavioral Health Center (past O’Bleness)
            - Wednesdays 3:30 – 5:00
            - Orientation Wednesday from 3-5
            - Quarterly long commitment
            - Email service 24 hrs in advance if you can’t make it
            - Carpools will be arranged
         - New Orleans:
            - December 5-11
            - 15 people - preference given to older members since younger
            members will have more chances for NOLA
            - *RUSH!  Baker Ballroom 7:45 pm*
      - Formal: Business Casual
      - Informal: Wear APO shirt!
         - *One is mandatory*
      - After chapter RUSH Committee – Painting the wall
   - *Membership:*
      - Interest sheet going around for littles
      - Cap on the number: 115 pledges (all upperclassmen Fall qtr.)
      - Activated before winter break
      - *BID DAY next Sept. 19th 6pm Morton 201*
      - An entire Big/little week this quarter

*Fall Quarter Rush/Pledge Activities (* denotes mandatory - contact
jboard.aphio at gmail.com if you cannot mandatory events)
*

*Initiation- Sept. 23rd, 7pm TBA**

*Meeting 1- Sept. 26th, 6:30pm Morton 201*

*Big/Little Night- Sept. 30th, Baker Ballroom*

*Pledge Retreat- Oct. 3rd, TBA*

*Meeting 3- Oct. 10th, 6:30pm Morton 201*

*Meeting 4- Oct. 17th, 6:30pm Morton 201*

*History Night- Nov. 7th, TBA*
Activation- Nov. 14th, TBA**

   - *Fellowship*:
      - Fellowship of the Week: Slice night: 6-7:30 pm
      - Sign up on the website!
      - Float-building for Homecoming
   - *Ombudsmen:*
      - ombudsmen.aphio at gmail.com
      - Email, call, visit for anything!
      - Exciting things next week to come….
   - *Nationals:*
      - Go to apo.org to register
      - Save your receipt – do NOT book a room (Britney will do that.)
      - *Register by Nov. 8th for the discounted registration rate of
$85*(price goes up to $100 after Nov. 8
      th)
      - Hotel & transportation:
         - $50 per person for all 3 nights (12/27-12/30)
         - $80 per person if you want to stay for New Years (12/27-1/1)
         - Probably going to charter a bus: $85
         - *E**arly registration + hotel for 3 nights + transportation =
         $220*
            - *We’ll be fundraising throughout the quarter to help bring
            down the cost*
         - interchapterrelations.aphio at gmail.com
      - Happy Birthday to....
   - Riley Graham
      - Leslie Godec
   - *Announcements:*
      - *Belts Breaking Bondage Sewing Parties - help our bros out!
      *
      - *Dues until next week to J-Board:  $30*
      - *Congratulations to Renee as our new treasurer!*
      - *Let Laura know if APO is not listed as an org on blackboard*
   - Happy Can
   - Toast Song
   - Adjourn

PS There are a lot of Fall quarter activity dates to keep in mind - next
Sunday I will be passing out a calendar of ALL the events - please look for
the pile of them being passed around!

Have a great week 2 =)

See you at Rush!

In LFS,