[Aphio-L] Chapter Minutes 11/7: "Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." ~Confucius

APhiO Secretary aphiosecretary at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 00:14:55 EST 2010

Ohio University
Alpha Phi Omega
Delta Gamma
Morton 201
November 7, 2010
7:15 pm (following History Night)

-------------------------------------------- Chapter
Minutes------------------------------------------------

   - Welcome!:
   - Service Week: serviceweek.aphio at gmail.com (Anna: 330.524.1887; Dani:
   330.417.1817)
      - Service week slideshow
      - *Thanks to everyone for a wonderful service week!  Everyone truly
      stepped up when necessary!  *
      - If you still need one more service week hour - *buy a reusable water
      bottle and turn in your receipt to Kris or Gaby.**    *
   - Nationals: Voting Delegates 2010-
      - Cassie Ausperk and Renee Lewis are the voting delegates representing
      our chapter
         - Would like to get opinions from rest of chapter so they can vote
         representatively of our entire chapter at Nationals
         - Natl convention 2010 proposals:
            - Non-ritual legislation and ritual legislation
         - *National Service Week 2011-2012 - decide the theme for next 2
         years!
         *
            - "Cancer Care & Cures"
            - "Our Brotherhood United for HIV/AIDS Prevention and Care"
            - "APO Promotes a Healthy Lifestyle"
            - "Quest to Find a Cure"
            - "Lifting the World from Poverty One Brother at a Time" (2011)
            / "APO Spreads the Word to Distribute the Wealth" (2012)
         - Contact info:
         - Renee: rl122907 at ohio.edu; 440.728.1562
         - Cassie: ca164906 at ohio.edu; 330.697.0201
      - Service: service.aphio at gmail.com (Kris: 440.476.2005; Gaby:
   207.837.0546)
      - *Poverty Simulation:*
         - Monday, November 6pm-9pm in Baker Ballroom A
         experience this interactive real-life exercise in making
do....with little.
         - *3 hours of service!*
      - Service hours are due to the service account on *December 1, 2010*
         - Copy and paste your hours into an email to Kris and Gaby <
         service.aphio at gmail.com>
         - Check right now if you have all your hours!
      - ABH Sign ups:
         - ABH - Psychiatric Hospital next to O’Bleness
         - *Wednesdays 3:30 - 5; quarter long commitment (requires training)
         *
      - Fellowship: ouaphiofellowship at gmail.com (Jayna: 216.956.8649;
   Monica: 513.227.2330)
      - *Fellowship of the Week:*
         - *Study tables:*
            - *Monday from 8:30 -11:30 pm in Room 112 *
            - *Tuesday from 8:30 -11:30 pm in Room 307*
         - Membership: ouaphiomembership at gmail.com (Leigha: 614.507.7959;
   JP: 440.666.8167)
      - *Activation will take place here in Morton 201 at 6:00pm*
               - *Please be prompt both actives and pledges!*
               - *Everyone must dress business casual! *
               - *Actives/pledges you may decide to get a gift for your
               little/big for making it through the pledging
process/helping you through
               the pledging process, but remember nothing is required! *
            - Pledge Project: Thanks to everyone that came out to support a
            great cause!
               - *The pledges raised over $1,000 at the football tournament
               this weekend which will go to Athens High School!!!! *
            - Family heads survey being passed around
            - Pictures: If you would like a new picture for the binder
            (pledges that is you!) we will be taking the pictures next
Sunday on
            activation (the only day we will be doing this!)
               - If you want to send a picture that is fine as well, but if
               you don't we will re-use the picture you already gave us!
            - Interchapter Relations: interchapterrelations.aphio at gmail.com
      - November 8th is the last day to register for Nationals at the
      discounted price of $85!
      - November 8th is also the last day to put your name down on the
      Nationals sign-up on the service website in order to be included in the
      hotel and transportation plans our chapter is making!
      - T-shirts: The picture will be added to the service website. Times
      will be set up throughout the next two weeks for you to pay for shirts!
      (Price somewhere between $12 and $15)
      - Don’t be worried if you are a non-exec member!  All are welcome at
      Nationals and exec members are excited to get to know non-exec member
      actives!!
      - Pop tabs - keep ‘em coming!
         - Pizza for winning family will be awarded at first chapter of
         winter qtr
      - Awards:

   - Happy Can
      - Supportive Bro to Dani and Anna for a WONDERFUL service week!

   - Announcements
      - 5k:
         - March 5, 2011 - @ Walter Rotunda (instead of Ping due to $$$
         difference)
            - only 1 hr now counted from registering/running - will need to
            get other mandatory hour through other fundraising means, etc.
         - Thanks to all who ran in the Habitat for Humanity 5k Run for
      Cover!
         - Raised ~ $2500!
      - Fundraising: thanks to all who did trash for cash!
      - Another huge round of applause to Dani and Anna for a wonderful
      service week!
   - Adjourn
   - Toast Song

Secretary
Alpha Phi Omega Coed Service Fraternity

(740) 517-0606
aphiosecretary at gmail.com
jc262306 at ohio.edu

*Click on link to view our service map: APO Service
Map<http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=101225801473282373631.000484a3f599db8aeff2b&z=12>
*

*To email Ombudsmen anonymously:*

Login to: *talktoombudsman.aphio at gmail.com*