[Aphio-L] One day without shoes!

Kristoff, Leigha lk491206 at ohio.edu
Wed Apr 7 11:13:16 EDT 2010

 Happy Hump Day everyone!!!

For those of you who haven't heard, tomorrow is One Day Without Shoes, a day sponsored by TOM's shoes to raise awareness for those in this world who can't wear shoes/don't have shoes to wear.

No, you do not get service hours for this, however, it is a great service thing to do. Tomorrow, I'm going without shoes, as I'm sure others on this campus are too!

I encourage all of you to check out the event's website at http://www.onedaywithoutshoes.com<http://www.onedaywithoutshoes.com/>.
Also, the website for TOM's shoes: http://www.toms.com/

Here are some facts:

Fact #1:In some developing nations, children must walk for miles to food, clean water and to seek medical help.

Fact #2:Cuts and sores on feet can lead to serious infection.

Fact #3:Often, children cannot attend school barefoot.

Fact #4:In Ethiopia, approximately one million people are suffering from Podoconiosis, a debilitating and disfiguring disease caused by walking barefoot in volcanic soil.

Fact #5: Podoconiosis is 100% preventable by wearing shoes.

In other news, JK Rowling says she's writing a new book. YAY!!

In LFS,

Leigha Kristoff
Red Bull SBM- Ohio University
Alpha Phi Omega, VP for Membership