[UC1000] Last Day to Drop

Lester, Greg lesterj at ohio.edu
Mon Oct 27 12:20:20 EDT 2014

Dear Colleagues,

The last day for students to drop individual classes from the fall semester schedule is this coming Friday, 10/31. After this date, withdrawal is all or nothing.

In preparation for this deadline—and to avoid inconveniencing students who truly need to drop a course—I have had all of the “UNC Freshman No-Drop” holds removed. We still prefer that students do not drop courses, but if doing so is in their best interest, we do not want to prevent them from accomplishing this. After all, a WF is always better than a F. With a WF (or WP) they take a hit In hours, but with a F, they take a hit in hours and a hit in GPA.

Also, I’m attaching the UNC Pre-Registration Contact form for any of you who might like to use it as a guideline. Advising season is an extremely busy time for all of us. The contact form can help remind us of the various discussions we need to have with our students.

Feel free to let your back-up advisor or me know if you have questions or concerns. We’ll be glad to help.

Sincerely,

Greg

Greg Lester,Ph.D.
Assistant Dean, Advising and Student Services
Director, Ohio Fellows Program
University College
140 Chubb Hall
Ohio University