[Tribeta-L] Ohio Up Close --- Service project

Tanda, Soichi tanda at ohio.edu
Fri Feb 6 15:03:22 EST 2015

Dear all,

There will be opportunities to get the service project requirements for your membership.  You need to complete two service projects per year to be initiated.  One of opportunities is your participation in Ohio Up Close.  This is one of many OU recruitment events.  OU invited students admitted by OU to campus to convince that OU is the place to be for the next four years.  They will tour the campus and visit our department, Biological Sciences, to know more about us, curriculum, teaching labs, and student body, which is you.

Your job is to talk to admitted students and their families over pizzas and pops, which is free for you.  Tell them your major, course load, dorm rooms, meal plans etc.

Your part, which is after the departmental overview session and teaching lab visit, will start around 12 pm, after 10:45-11:40 classes in 159 Irvine Hall.  It will end before 12:55 classes start.

If you participated in two of Ohio Up Close, you would get one of two service project requirements.  We have seven Ohio Up Close this semester.  They are:

2/16 (Monday)
3/13 (Friday)
3/20 (Friday)
3/27 (Friday)