[Tribeta-L] BBB Event Info

Marein, Brendan bm432110 at ohio.edu
Sun Feb 1 18:34:43 EST 2015

Hi all,

        I hope everyone's weekend is going well! There are a lot of upcoming events, and we need speedy feedback in order to get everything squared away.

    This Tuesday, February 3rd, instead of our usual meeting we will be attending a lecture at Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium. Ira Flatow, the award winning science correspondent, TV journalist, and host of Science Friday will be giving the lecture titled  "Communicating Science to a Science Challenged World." The lecture begins at 7:30 PM and  will count as both a meeting attendance and a lecture requirement. Check in with Chelsea in the lobby prior to sitting down in order to sign the attendance sheet.

    This upcoming Friday, February 6th, we will be holding our first fundraiser ?selling nachos on Court St. We are looking for volunteers to take short shifts anytime between 10:30PM-2:30AM. Please contact Chelsea Wright (cw224310 at ohio.edu) or Sommer Toncler (st313610 at ohio.edu) if you are available to help. Even just a half hour shift is fine. The more people we get the less time any one person has to stay at the booth. Participation would be much appreciated!

    ?In a few weeks we will be holding our annual faculty dinner at Lui Lui. The dinner will be held Tuesday, February 17th at 7PM. This is where we take the Biological Sciences faculty out to dinner and gives everyone a chance to meet and get closer with our professors. We encourage anyone to request a professor that you would like to see them at the event. Simply send Elizabeth Evans (ee702811 at ohio.edu) or myself (bm432110 at ohio.edu) and email requesting that professor and we will send out invitations by the end of the week. It is important that you request a professor by the latest being this Friday so that we can send out invitations a couple weeks in advance. Also, we need to get a head count in order to make the reservation so please RSVP as soon as possible by sending me an email with your dinner selection. The menu can be found at this link: http://luiluirestaurant.com/?page_id=104

    Lastly, our Valentine's Day social will be held Friday, February 13th at Tiffany's house at 176 Mill St. Apt #2. There will be food and games. You don't want to miss it! The social will be from 6 to 8PM.

I know that is a lot of information, and if you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email. See everyone Tuesday!

Brendan Marein?