[Tribeta-L] Extremely Important! Please Read

Tanda, Soichi tanda at ohio.edu
Sat Mar 8 11:20:26 EST 2014

Dear all,

I hope you had a wonderful break.  We have to get back to our business seriously.  Please attend our next meeting on the 11th.

If you want to attend the Tri-beta district convention on the 29 of March at the University of Findley, you have to notify me at the next next meeting or email me by Tuesday.  If you want to present a poster or talk or your research, please fill out the attached form and return it to me no later than noon on Thursday the 13th.  I have to mail them out on that day.  The Bios department will pay your registration fee, $25 including lunch.  Indicate if you have any dietary restriction.  To present, you must be a member, lifetime or associate.  But you can attend it without being a member.  At this point, six members want to go.  It will start at 9 am.  So, we have to leave here around 4:30-5 am, I think.

Since some of you who are working toward  your membership want to present at the convention, I will initiate you by trusting you to complete all the requirements for the membership, lifetime, associate, or promotion from associate to lifetime, the rest of this semester.  BUT, I need your pledge at the next meeting. Please attend our next meeting on the 11th.  I will come to the meeting a bit early to get your pledge.  I will process it next Wednesday or Thursday.  So that, everyone will become eligible to present at the convention.  Let me know if you have any questions about the process.  If you cannot come to the next meeting due to a class schedule conflict, please let me know as soon as possible.

I just learned that the Bios department will pay your meal at the Tri-Beta Dinner with Faculty on the 20th at 6:30 pm.  I just want to let you know this news.  If you want to attend it, please email Brendan <bm432110 at ohio.edu> or Chelsea Wallace <cw203810 at ohio.edu> with your menu selection by the 13th.

Thank you and see you all at the next meeting.

Dr. T