[Tribeta-L] Tri-Beta: Survey for Service Projects and Socials (Slightly long email)

Wallace, Chelsea cw203810 at ohio.edu
Mon Feb 10 21:09:19 EST 2014

??Dear Tri-Beta members,

I am sorry to send another survey but it would be beneficial for our organization to get a start on our service project planning. The survey will also be posted on twitter (@TriBetaFish I believe) and the facebook. Try to fill out as soon as you can. I also apologize for our short meeting on Tuesday, the weather was not much help. Thank you all for bearing with me and having patience as this is my first time leading an organization.

SURVEY: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1907O_YcE0FcQcal1XIrTa74rmjmbXDuLP3wSmT25AMM/viewform

Here is some info that might be helpful when you fill out the survey:

Last Chance Corral: A non profit organization located in Athens that is dedicated to helping orphaned horses. Volunteers are needed in terms of cleaning stalls and taking care of the horses. I have not heard back from them with more information yet.

Athens Beautification Day: I am sure of all you know about this already. We had so much fun doing it last year! I have not heard much about a date yet and registration.

Race for a Reason: The date of this is Saturday or Friday April 26th of 27th. We will be registering as a team and can choose from 3 races. There are 4 races to choose from: A Triathalon, a Military Mud Run, a 3K walk, and a 5K run/walk. We can always vote on the race choice as a group. We choose a reason and raise money. Half of our registration is donation. I am still searching for the registration deadline and cost.

Relay for Life: I am still looking for the registration deadline and the costs.

Athens County Humane Society: If we choose to do this, we will need to fill out a form through Friends of the Shelter Dogs. This is a project we can do at any point in the semester and even multiple times.

I haven't had time to meet with the president of Pre-AMSA yet, but I need everyone's input on who would attend and not attend to see if this is worth doing and planning. (It's ok if we don't).

For the faculty dinner, we usually go to Lui Lui's as I mentioned. The exec board will probably begin planning this at our meeting tomorrow.

Also, anyone is welcome to attend the exec meetings if they wish! We meet on Tuesdays in between our regular meetings in the Honors Lounge at 8pm.