[Tribeta-L] Ohio Up Close next Monday in Irvine 199 from 11:45 am

Tanda, Soichi tanda at ohio.edu
Fri Feb 15 12:13:50 EST 2013

Hi all,

Below is the plan for Ohio Up Close next Monday (the 18th).  I need you between 11:40-50 and 12:30.

The room has been changed to accommodate a large number of participants. Please come to Irvine Hall 199, a lecture hall connected to the Irvine Bricks, not Irvine 159.

So far, Jessica Howell, Kat Martin, Emily Poirier, and Aleesha Tartell have stepped up. Thanks all.  I need more volunteers because 34 prospective students registered for the Bios academic session.  The time I need you is between classes.

As you can see below, FREE Avalanche pizzas. Yum!

Thank you,

Dr. T

Hi all,

The first OHIO Up Close is next Monday.  As of yesterday, 34 students registered for the Bios Academic session.  I moved the room from 159 Irvine Hall to 199 Irvine Hall, one of Med school lecture hall.  I will still greet them on the Irvine Bricks.  The schedule is the following:

10:45 am: Greeting on the Irvine Bricks.  Ann LaComb and I will welcome them to the department
10:50 am: Bios academic session in Irvine 199.  I will talk about our curriculum, advising, and other things.
11:30 am: Tour of teaching labs.  I will divide this big group into two.  One group goes to PP lab led by Chris Griffin (Thanks, Chris!).  The other visits a micro lab led by Stephanie Miller (Thanks, Stephanie!)
11:45-50 am: Conversations with faculty and current student in Irvine 199.  ---- I need your help here! So far Matt is the only one who stepped up.  Pizzas from Avalanche are waiting for you!

OHIO Up Close will end around 12:30-40 pm.

Break downs of students interests

General Biological Sciences: 5
Pre-med: 14
Pre-PT: 10
Wildlife: 1
Marine:2
Human Bio (BA): 1
Env Bio (BA): 2

Total:34

Thank you for your participation in advance.

Soichi