[Tribeta-L] To Ohio Up Close volunteers

Soichi Tanda tanda at ohiou.edu
Wed Feb 18 16:50:22 EST 2009

Hi Ohio Up Close volunteers,

The first Ohio Up Close will be this Friday.  The schedule is the following:

1.  Students will arrive on the Bricks at ~11:00
2.  General Introduction in Irvine 199 by Soichi Tanda  ~11-11:30
3.  Pizza lunch with students and faculty in Irvine 199 (11:30-12:10)
4.  Tour of Introductory Biology Lab (Rm187)  with Sue Simon Westendorf
(12:10-12:25)
5.  Tour of Biology Lab (Rm180)  with Mary Nossek (12:25-12:40)
6.  Tour of LSB with Steve Reilly (12:40-1:00)

Please come to Irinve 199 by your designated report time (11:10am or
12:10pm).  If you get our your class early, come early.  Irvine 199 is one
of med school big class room connected to the Bricks of Irvine Hall.

The first group will talk to prospective students and their parents over
pizza.  The second group (grab a couple of slices of pizza quick) will
escort them to different teaching lab.  Along the way you can talk to them
about your experience at OU.  Usually, parents have more questions.  You may
start your conversation by asking their specialized tracks such as premed,
wild life, etc.

Ann LaComb will be there and she and I will be your contact persons if you
have any question.

Let me know if you have any question.

Soichi

******