[TheMathLeague] FW: Chat with an Astronaut, a FREE event for youth in grades 5 - 9. (ATHENS, OH, June 17)

Klein, Bob kleinr at ohio.edu
Thu May 21 10:57:05 EDT 2015

Meet an astronaut, Math Leaguers! See the attached flier for your chance to meet an astronaut in Athens, OH.

FYI - We now have fall dates for the Math League. Please add to your calendars: Sep 12, 26; Oct 10, 24; and Nov 7 in the Athens Community Center from 10-11:30 (NOT UNTIL NOON ANYMORE!). Then we will have an end of second year event on Nov 21 at some other location (community center wasn't available that day). We're excited to hear about your summers!

BK, Javier, and Rebin are all looking forward to seeing you in Fall!

Subject: Chat with an Astronaut, a FREE event for youth in grades 5 - 9. (ATHENS, OH, June 17)

Dear Educator:

I am writing to invite you and your students to come to the campus of Ohio University to meet Dr. Harrison Schmitt, Apollo 17 astronaut, scientist, and former US Senator. on June 17th at 9am at the Stocker Engineering and Technology Center on the Athens campus of Ohio University.

Dr. Schmitt is the only geologist to walk on the moon.  He will talk to the students about space exploration and geology and his adventures as an astronaut.

I am attaching a flyer you can print and hand out or forward electronically.  This event is open to all youth in grades 5 - 9.

Thanks for your time, and I wish you a relaxing summer vacation.  You have earned it!

Sincerely,

Ana L. Rosado Feger
Athens Association for Gifted Children