[Studentsenatemaster-l] Take Back the Night - TONIGHT!

Koenig, Madison mk400810 at ohio.edu
Thu Apr 16 16:06:10 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

Take Back the Night is upon us! Although it looks like we might escape the rain for the march (keep your fingers crossed!), we decided to move the keynote speech indoors so people won't have to sit in the mud. So we'll be getting started a little after 6:30pm in Porter 103 with the keynote lecture, given by Sil Lai Abrams. See the flyer attached for more information about her! After the lecture, there will be a Q&A where people are welcome to share their stories, and then we'll move to Scripps Amphitheater to pick up any stragglers and begin our march through Athens and campus around 8.

Please please join us if you can, and share the word with anyone you think might be interested. All survivors and their supporters are welcome to march, but we want to encourage those who don't feel like they need to take back the streets to work as sideline support and cheer on the marchers. If you're interested in sideline support, contact Chris Caldwell at caldwec1 at ohio.edu.

Hope to see you all there tonight! The events have been going really well this week, and after tonight's big event we have two more things tomorrow. At 12 we'll be hosting a debriefing discussion at United Campus Ministries to talk about what went well, what could have been better, and how we can improve for next year. And then at 3:30 we'll be hosting a self-defense workshop for women in the Athens Public Library.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions!

Madison Koenig
(513) 236 9226
mk400810 at ohio.edu<mailto:mk400810 at ohio.edu>
Ohio University Honors Tutorial College - English Literature '15
Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Affairs - Undergraduate Research Scholar
Ohio University Student Senate - Women's Affairs Commissioner
Sphere Undergraduate Literary Magazine - Managing Editor