[Studentsenatemaster-l] Senate Orientation

Deandra Walker deandrabwalker at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 11:27:58 EDT 2014

Hey there, I know this is last minute, but I just checked my ticket to
Columbus and realized that the go buses to athens don't run when I arrive,
so I'd be staying at CMH the night if I wanna get the bus the next day. Is
anyone travelling to Athens from Columbus tonight (Tuesday) and would be
willing to give me a ride? of course I'll help cover gas costs. if so, you
can text me at 347 825 7397 so we can talk about it :)
Thanks, and see you all soon!
Bobby

On Sat, Aug 9, 2014 at 10:36 PM, McDaniel, Caitlyn <cm947610 at ohio.edu>
wrote:

>  Senate friends,
>

>  Please make sure you've registered for orientation (fill out the form
> <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fdCRAt9fu5npSBj-pcXt6VEP2J11p2qsf_z9s0z7AG8/edit>
> even if you can't attend).
>
> Schedule of events is here​
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wTrk4Nny7Ex2C8l4RQOZ5AXfSu9l8clMx8bADfixrXk/edit>.
> At the bottom of the page you will note a new section, entitled "Things to
> Bring". This is, in fact, a list of things that we recommend you bring to
> the orientation (shocking, I know). Please come prepared and ready to hit
> the ground running... or at least speed-walking for those of us who are new
> to student organization.
>

>  This will be a great event, and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone
> in one place for the first time!
>

>  Caitlyn

We’ve forgotten that a rich life consists fundamentally of serving others,
trying to leave the world a little better than you found it. We need the
courage to question the powers that be, the courage to be impatient with
evil and patient with people, the courage to fight for social justice. In
many instances we will be stepping out on nothing, and just hoping to land
on something. But that’s the struggle. To live is to wrestle with despair,
yet never allow despair to have the last word. --Dr. Cornel West