[State_authorization_update] State Authorization updates from March 2015

Stone, Kia stonek1 at ohio.edu
Tue Apr 7 15:43:20 EDT 2015

Good afternoon everyone:

There have been some updates made on the documents outlining field experiences for both online as well as On-the-ground programs. Please see the website,   http://www.ohio.edu/ecampus/about/authorization_faculty_staff/index.htm

*       See North Carolina, Colorado and Maryland in particular

There is also a very good update for the Maryland Application for Registration of Online Programs - MHEC has received all of Ohio University's initial registration application materials. An approval letter will be forwarded to the presidents office in the coming weeks. Until we receive this notice, I am not aware if all programs have been approved but I will make an announcement as soon as that approval letter is received.

Also, I have included a blogpost article from WCET about the penalties that an institution can deal with when state authorization regulations have not been met within another state.

>From Russell Poulin
Director, Policy & Analysis
WCET - WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies
"We receive several questions about what happens if a campus does not follow state authorization regulations.  Our new blog post addresses that issue with a story from Alan Contreras about a situation that happened last year that resulted in an institution repaying all the tuition and fees paid by a student."

https://wcetblog.wordpress.com/2015/03/24/what-can-happen/

A sincere thank you to everyone for your commitment to compliance!

Kia

Kia D. Stone
Coordinator of Compliance and Quality Assurance
eLearning OHIO
Ohio University
740.593.2558