[Stars] STARS MINUTES

Stars at Ohio University ohioustars at gmail.com
Thu May 5 11:47:00 EDT 2011

Hey all,

        Here are the MINUTES to this weeks' Meeting, Enjoy!

STARS MINUTES 5-2-11

   - *Announcements*
    - A memeber, Eden, of the *Social for Justice in Palestine
Council*spoke during STARS meeting to see if we would be interested in
collaborating
      with her organization as they plan for their event to commemorate "Nackba
      Week" which is week where we rememeber and pay tribute to the
Palanstinians
      who were forced out of their homes and neighborhoods because of
Jewish and
      Isreali forces.
       - They were planning to have a discussion panel event,  sometime
         between the May 13 and May 20. Eden still needs to let us
know the final
         date to see if we can help them reserve a room for their
event since they
         are unable to do it for free because they arent not an
offical registered
         organization.
          - *Keith if you hear anything from her, let me know so I can
            reserve a room.*

    - *Naomi's Documentary* "My Dark Skin" was orginally suppose to premiere
      on May 18 but that is the same date as the Leadership Gala
Awards, so Ashley
      will check to see if we could possbily push the showing time back.

    - *May 18 is the Leadership Gala Awards*, its from 6-9 pm in the Baker
      Ballroom. If you still want a ticket you have until tomorrow,
May 6, to get
      them. Tickets for students are $25 and couples are $45,
non-students are $35
       - STARS is nominated for 2 awards, so come out and support if you
         can!

    - *Social is Friday at Ashely's house (129 N. Congress) at 8pm.* I dont
      have the list of what people said they would bring, but Ashley
is not going
      to be only person supplying the food/drinks. Everyone who attends should
      bring something-it can be napkins, plastic utensils, plates,
drinks, chips,
      cookies, etc.

    - *Belly Dance Festival is May 14*, 3-7pm in the Baker Theater
       - Shad, Alex, Kendra are the Liasons for the event and Micia and
         Keith are the ppl working the table.
         - Shad has sent an attatchement with the Fliers so try to print
         them and post them around campus.

    - *Red Brick *
       - *May 19 *is our Fundraising night at Red Brick, the following
         people said they are interested in waitressing: *Ashely, Emilee,
         Antonio, Alex, Katie, Micia, and Ugonna*. We all have to be there
         at 5:30 of that day. Next meeting we will discuss color
coordination and
         ideas for incentitives ideas.
         - Also Shad made fliers to promote our Fundraising Night, so Print
         and Post those fliers around campus too, and tell all your friends!!!!

    - *Posters*
       - So one of our STARS Posters has been through some trial and
         tribulations and so we need people to make and create a new
poster. Chrissa
         and Taylor has agreed to be the artistis, at the next
meeting,  l will bring
         the markers that we have from ITAV event.

   - *Elections*
    - So after our quick Election/Nomination session this is our new board
      for the next school year:
       - President- Sarah
         - Vice President- Keith
         - Treasurer- Stephanie
         - Secretary- Chrissa
         - Events Coordinators- Emily and Taylor
         - Fundraising Chair- Katie
         - So congrats to the new board of STARS and we will begin training
      for your positions in the next couple weeks.

Those are the Minutes for our rather exciting meeting this week. Dont forget
tomorrow at 8pm to come to 129 N. Congress for our STARS SOCIAL!!! YOU
BETTER BRING SOMETHING OTHER THAN YOURSELF :-)

See you tomorrow,
Micia Clemmons
Secretary of STARS
Mc970808 at ohio.edu
--
Laura Hyde
lh264909 at ohio.edu

Keith Hawkins
Co-President of STARS
Honors Tutorial College, Astrophysics Major
kh148408 at ohio.edu