[Stars] STARS MINUTES

Stars at Ohio University ohioustars at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 14:05:24 EST 2011

Hey guys,

   Here are the minutos for this week's meeting,

Monday, February 14, 2011

   - Dues
      - Still need those dues (I am guilty too)
         - You can pay $3 for the quarter or $6 for the remaining year

   - Safezone
      - This is another beneficial workshop that we should volunteer to do
      in order to learn how to facilitate programs dealing with LGBT topics.
      - Here is a list of dates in which they are doing open workshops, so
      let me know what dates and times would be best for you all:
         - Week 8 Thursday February 24- 5:30-7:30pm -226 Baker
            - Week 9: Tuesday March 1- 3:30-5:30pm -341 Baker
         - Here is the link to the registration form too:
      http://www.ohio.edu/lgbt/programs/safezone.cfm

   - STARS Website
      - Keith still needs our help in putting up the website, so those of
      you who are still interested please contact him

   - Dr. White
      - Recap of what Dr. White's theory behind Intersectionality-The idea
      that there are a multitude of layers to which each person is
identified by;
      those layers affect the way people interpret each other and thus
affecting a
      person's social standing.
         - Possible improvements for the next lecture are:
            - Have speaker give more background information on the topic
            before going in depth to help those who are new to the
idea, to understand.

   - Tom Martinez
      - April 1st may be the new date for event (this is so we can possibly
      hold the event in Baker Ballroom, however we still need
confirmation that it
      is not already reserved).
         - Ashley will set up meetings with UPC to get their involvement or
         support if this decision is made.

   - Fundraising
      - Group has decided to sell Grilled Cheese on Thursdays to help fund
      raise money for Tom Martinez Event
         - The Grilled Cheese Selling will now begin Next Thursday 2-24-11
         at 10:30 pm (I will keep you all updated)
      - Start thinking of other things we could sell as well (we don't have
      to be limited to just cheese)!

   - Other Things
      - Start thinking about programs we can do for next quarter; one of the
      Diversity Facilitators is interested in getting her students of
next quarter
      to help out. They don't have to be huge events, so come with ideas!
      - Begin the visiting and facilitating programs in the dorms. We need
      to start booking days with RA's and teach them some of things we
learned in
      the Diversity Training Program

So that is all the MINUTES for this week's meetings, sorry it was kind of
long. Let me know if you have any questions or comments to anything.

See you all next week,
Micia Clemmons
Secretary of STARS
Mc970808 at ohio.edu

--
Laura Hyde
lh264909 at ohio.edu

Keith Hawkins
Co-President of STARS
Honors Tutorial College, Astrophysics Major
kh148408 at ohio.edu