[Spa-L] SPA- Additional Professional Development Opportunities

Barrett, Diana db978014 at ohio.edu
Sun Jun 21 19:10:21 EDT 2015

Hey all,

Please view the additional opportunities to get involved with professional organizations below.

1.       NASPA Region IV-E Conference<https://www.naspa.org/events/2015-naspa-iv-e-annual-conference/register>, Invitation to Register (note the New Professionals Institute)

2.       ACPA Community Conversation: Racism and the South Carolina Massacre

[Region IV East Logo]<http://www.naspa.org/>

Greetings from Region IV-East!

On behalf of the conference planning committee, we are thrilled to invite you to register today<https://www.naspa.org/events/2015-naspa-iv-e-annual-conference> to join us for the 2015 NASPA IV-East Regional Conference: "Renaissance: A Regional Celebration," to be held November 8-10 at the Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel & Convention Center in Schaumburg, Illinois!

This year marks the 50th anniversary of the Higher Education and Voting Rights Acts of 1965, and is also the "golden anniversary" of the establishment of NASPA's regional structures within the association. With so many milestones and achievements to celebrate, we acknowledge the success of our profession within Region IV-East, and can move forward with confidence in new and necessary strategic directions.  A variety of pre-conference institutes and topical workshops will be hosted Saturday, November 7 and Sunday, November 8 at nearby William Rainey Harper College, and the main conference will begin on Sunday evening, November 8 with a welcome dinner, opening keynote, dessert reception, and entertainment. A closing "CeleBruncheon" will wrap-up a robust schedule of educational sessions, round-tables, and discussions on Tuesday, November 10. For more information about the conference and to register today, please visit: https://www.naspa.org/events/2015-naspa-iv-e-annual-conference.

Current registration rates include:

  *   $330: Conference registration (professional member);
  *   $195: Conference registration (student member);
  *   $190: 1-Day conference registration (professional or student member; includes meal); and
  *   Several separate pre-conference topical workshops ($35 for half-day sessions; $70 for full-day sessions; see Pre-Conference Programs page for details as they are available).

We are proud to offer our undergraduates another opportunity to become "Student Affairs Leaders of Tomorrow" (SALT) through participation in the annual SALT institute, and we will welcome our new professional colleagues to take part in the return of the region's classic New Professionals Institute (NPI).  Registration for both SALT and NPI will take place through a separate registration process from the main conference (due to the potential requirement for a participant to be nominated or sponsored in order to be eligible to participate).

We hope you will join us for a truly memorable series of programs, speakers, and special new events that will bring us together for "Renaissance: A Regional Celebration!"

Please visit our conference website for more information - or go ahead and register<https://www.naspa.org/events/2015-naspa-iv-e-annual-conference> today! (Note: There is still time to register before June 30th and use your current FY2015 funding!)

 Also, to stay up to date on conference announcements, and to share your enthusiasm for the event, please follow @NASPA4E on Twitter <https://twitter.com/NASPA4E> and "Like" us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/NASPA4E?fref=ts>. We also will be using the hashtag, #NASPA4E15 for all conference related posts on our social media channels. Thank you for staying connected as we prepare for the event!

Sincerely,

 2015 Regional Conference Co-Chairs for NASPA IV-East

 Danita Brown Young, Ph.D.

University of Minnesota - Twin Cities

 Keith Brendan O'Neill, Ph.D.

William Rainey Harper College

 For more information on registration policies, deadlines, or refunds for this year's regional conference, please contact James Stewart, Regional Conference Registration Coordinator, at jstewa34 at depaul.edu<mailto:jstewa34 at depaul.edu> or for technical/transaction questions, please contact Daniel Anzueto, NASPA Regional Programs Coordinator, at danzueto at naspa.org<mailto:danzueto at naspa.org> or 202-265-7500, ×1178.

________________________________
NASPA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, gender identity, gender expression, affectional or sexual orientation, or disability in any of its policies, programs, and services.

ACPA Community Conversations: Racism and the South Carolina Massacre

View this email in your browser<http://us7.campaign-archive1.com/?u=ecdc1cf98fa8279a327c906f5&id=2b8f21955f&e=d59f19c2ab>

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/ecdc1cf98fa8279a327c906f5/images/41ea760a-0837-48e8-aa80-92aadacb5dc1.png]

Dear ACPA Members,

On Monday, June 22 at 8:00pm ET, Dr. Paul Porter will facilitate an open community conversation on racism and the recent events in South Carolina.

If you would like to participate, click here to join the meeting: https://meetings.webex.com/collabs/#/meetings/detail?uuid=ME8TLE90GUDN89PP9IYVY1BJGJ-K2CX&rnd=461293.75584

You can also choose to dial in from your phone:
Phone number: 415-655-0001
Access code: 227 242 376

Please remember to mute your phone and/or speakers on your computer when you dial in. Background noise makes the call inaccessible for some, and we have sometimes heard interactions in open offices where privacy for interactions with students is a concern. In addition, when people enter the offices and are laughing or talking, it can be interpreted that their interaction is directed at people on the call.  This has impact when not intentional. These calls are deeply emotional for practitioners and participants and we want to ensure that they have safe and supportive space. All of these concerns are eliminated if you mute your phone properly and promptly..

Remember also that our ACPA Code of Ethics and core values preclude sharing any of the content of these calls via Twitter, Facebook or other means. We are not recording these calls. We will only post the resources and ideas that you give permission to share.

Thank you so much for caring deeply about one another and our community. We look forward to gathering next week with those of you who will join for the first time or if you have been with us on other Community Conversations calls.

Dr. Cindi Love
Executive Director
202-759-4828<tel:202-759-4828>

Copyright © 2015 ACPA-College Student Educators International, All rights reserved.