[SEOMTC] FW: Summer 2015 Mathematics Institute

Klein, Bob kleinr at ohio.edu
Fri Apr 10 14:04:38 EDT 2015

>From Dr. McKeny- A great opportunity.

From: Timothy McKeny <timothy.mckeny at gmail.com<mailto:timothy.mckeny at gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 11:19 AM
To: Bob Klein <kleinr at ohio.edu<mailto:kleinr at ohio.edu>>
Subject: Summer 2015 Mathematics Institute

I am sending a promotional flyer and a form-fill application to a 2015 Summer Mathematics Institute from The Ohio State mathematics education and mathematics departments. When you have the time and the opportunity, would you share these items with the Southeast Ohio Math Teacher Circle folks? Hopefully, some Appalachia teachers and administrators will be interested in attending.

The week-long workshop will be held in New Albany, but unfortunately lodging and meals are not provided. Credits for MA and EdS will be made available to participants. The dates for the Summer Institute are July 27 - July 31. ODE is our big sponsor for the event. For more information, folks who are interested can visit the Mathematics Coaching Program website: mcp-coaching.osu.edu<http://mcp-coaching.osu.edu>  and click on the 2015 Institute tab for additional information.

This information has been sent earlier this week to many math coaches, math teachers, and building and district administrators throughout the state, but we want to spread the word as wide as we can. Our goal is to have approximately 100 (or more) teachers attend, and we are already seeing a stream of submitted applications.

Peace
Tim