[Relay-L] Tonight!

Stevens, Madeleine ms222706 at ohio.edu
Tue Feb 9 14:23:52 EST 2010

 hey guys

so i'm CANCELLING TONIGHT'S MEETING, but you still have stuff to do! EVERYONE read EVERYTHING below!

Food and Bev: courtney, contact your committee to schedule a time to bake cookies for the bake sale which we are holding MONDAY, Feb. 15 from 1-2 pm in the bottom of Baker. we need 2 people to sign up to sell from 1-1:30 and 2 people for 1:30-2. BECAUSE WE ARE GOING TO HAVE SO MANY COOKIES LEFT OVER: we will also be passing some out to the rest of the committee to sell that day during classes/meetings. they will be sold two cookies for $1 - reasonable, i think, because we're one hundred precent profiting from this thanks to kristen csuhran. *EMAIL ME BACK WITH THE AMOUNT OF COOKIES YOU WOULD LIKE TO SELL THAT DAY such as 10, 20, etc and we will bag them and get them to you by sunday evening. you MUST sell all the cookies that you take! even if you have to buy the left over ones. they'll be chocolate chip :)

Entertainment: please make a poster for the bake sale's table reading something like Relay for Life: Valentine's Day Sucks and so does Cancer! buy a cookie to soothe your single woes! or something cheesy like that! also, the wellness fair is march 9 instead of the 10. sorry! keep working on posters for this event. BARK FOR LIFE: please send me an update of all this stuff! i want to get an email out to UPC THIS WEEK about it to see how they can help. i'd like for them to actually help plan the event because then they'll bemore wiliing to help instead of just giving us money.

Survivorship: can we get an email at least out to survivors for vday? or how about we just schedule a time to call them all on like saturday afternoon. i like that idea better. tracey, please send out a separate email asking committee members to reply if they can come to the scheduled place and time you'll designate for this survivor calling party! thanks!

Campus Relations: hows the bball game coming kim! also, THE TEAM CAPTAIN'S MEETING IS WEDNESDAY: what do we need to do? i have all the decor from kickoff that we can put up. you guys should probs develop a powerpoint of sorts. ALSO: i want to announce the RAFFLES of the stuff brittany gave us - get a fb message out about this please (both TONIGHT and TOMORROW), and i want to develop some "challenges" like we did last year. how about the team who does the most online fundraising gets half of our committee's raised funds and the other half goes to the most creative fundraiser (just like we did last year).
*EVERYONE EVERYONE EVERYONE: CHALK YOUR CLASSROOMS WITH THIS INFORMATION>
Relay for Life Team Captain's Meeting
Wednesday, Feb. 10 @ 8 pm Baker 231
Raffles, Challenges, Relay info!
*also, please make sure you're inviting your friends to the FB groups!

Sponsorship: polar plunge is coming up so they're about to step on our toes with the stars and moons! do we have those out yet? we need to get sponsors SECURED this quarter. stay on them! thanks guys!

Logistics: because i cant be at the wellness fair on march 9 from 12-5, i'd like to put you guys in charge of getting people signed up to work it and making sure the table is to our liking, with cancer awareness and advocacy information included. let me know if you have questions (because you live in the east wing and i in the west).

Everyone: thank you to tracey and cassie for their tshirt designs. i'm going to forward them in a separate email and you guys can email me back with your votes of which you like better. FEEL FREE TO GET MORE DESIGNS TO ME! also, we need to decide on half-zips or long sleeve tees. my vote is half zips, i suppose. WHEN YOU EMAIL ME BACK WITH YOUR DESIGN VOTE please also include your choice of half zip or long sleeved.
*dont forget to sign up for the bake sale table and also the amount of delicious valentines day cookies you can sell monday!

ENJOY YOUR EVENING OFF AND STAY SAFE - DONT WALK AROUND IF YOU DONT HAVE TO, OR DRIVE FOR THAT MATTER! LOVE YOU!

Madeleine Stevens
Ohio University
E.W. Scripps School of Journalism
Public Relations
OU Relay For Life, Co-Chair
Public Relations Student Society of America, Fundraising Committee
Sigma Alpha Lambda Honors and Leadership Fraternity