[Relay-L] Meeting Minutes: Nov 9

Tori Aber tori.aber at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 10 20:32:55 EST 2009

Please read all the following info and have a great last week and break!!!

1.This was the last meeting for the quarter. Meetings in the Winter will be every week on Tuesdays at 7. The room is still to be determined.

2.Our Theme this year is Colors. Our slogan is Color me Cured.

3.This past weekend Natalie and Courtney went to Summit for Relay. They found many ways to be inspired and incorporate new ideas into our Relay.

4.Send a Christmas Card to Noah Biorkman! He is a 5 year who was diagonsed in 2007. He has battled cancer for 2 and half years and he wants cards for his early christmas. Send them by Nov 20th!
Noah Biorkman
1141 Fountain View Circle
South Lyon, MI
48178 USA

5.Spring Quarter we want to have Bark for Life, a dog Relay to raise money. We will start planning Winter Quarter

6.We want to recognize teams more at Relay for participating to keep them coming back each year. Think of new awards.

7.Next quarter will we plan Grafitti wall ads. Hand prints for loved ones- maybe spirit week

8.Next year we will do a float in Homecoming parade. Needs ideas and volunteers
committee shirts for Relay- Tye Dye party since we can't get them red or with the word committee this year. Will be close to Relay time

9.Call Hilary if you need her for anything. 888 227 6446 extension 3207

10.Team Recruitment: One last puch for teams during week 10! Talk to people you know about starting a team

11.Public relations: Press Release for winter quarter

12.Food and Bev: Try and get food for kickoff of teams

13.Sponsorship: Everyone on the committee should print off the package that was emailed to you to get donations from businesses over break. They can donate any amount. Every little bit helps.

14.I will be sending out a roster soon. Please go over your information and see if your committee, name, phone, and email are corect. Email any issues to me at tori.aber at yahoo.com with all your info. After I make corrections I will send out the final copy for everyone to print out or just save.
Thank you
Tori Beth