[Relay-L] 2/24 minutes

Katie Schroeder ks308607 at ohio.edu
Fri Feb 27 20:02:01 EST 2009

Team Recruitment:
-We have 31 teams. yay!
-There is a team captains meeting on Monday at 8pm in Baker 240. Please try to
make it if you can!
-the team check list will be finished soon
-We haven't heard back from any of the Greek chapters yet.  Kim is going to try
to get an updated contact list

Entertainment:
-We still have not heard back from Jitterbugs
-Cheerleaders are interested but it may conflict with with their tryouts...so we
don't know what level they will participate.
-Rufus is for sure going to be at Relay

Sponsorship:
-Lori is shuffling to all the bars to see if they are interested in selling
stars and moons.
-We need to go to Speciality and present the stars and moons. They have a new
manager and may be interested this year.
-Miller's chicken agreed to donate wings
-We need to deliver the letters to last year's sponsors.

Food and Bev:
-no report

Survivorship:
-Talk to Tuscanos about survivorship dinner.
-Talk to Purple Chopsticks about lowering the price. Last year we paid $250
-there are survivors on the local survivor list who are having recurrences.
We're going to call and check in with them to know we are thinking about them
and to see if they need anything.

Miscellaneous:
-********Paint the Wall TOMORROW, Sat. at 5:30pm.  If you signed up, please
come! even if you didn't sign up, we could still use the help! they more people,
the quicker we will get it finished.
-March 10th, Stan Hale will speak at our meeting.  He is going to talk about
what he does (one on one support for cancer patients). We're going to encourage
the teams to come and listen to him speak.
-We raised  about $100 plus all the cans at the social. PS: thank you all who
came to it. we all had such a good time and should definitely plan another
social with aphio soon!
-It's a little late now if you haven't already chalked your classrooms.  But on
Monday, if you can all stand up and give a quick little 30 second elevator
speech about the team captains meeting, that would rock.

Alright guys. thats it! I'll see anyone who is painting the wall tomorrow at
5:30 or I'll see you Monday at 8 for the TC meeting! :-)