[Relay-L] minutes. finally.

Madeleine M. Stevens ms222706 at ohio.edu
Sun Feb 15 14:59:27 EST 2009

ENTERTAINMENT:
-morgan got us some cheap tees to use for tie-dying at Relay. they are $2.50
each and we will sell them for $5. they are being sent to us, and we need to
give the company some sponsorship!
-we're still waiting on Denison and the Blessed Union of Souls!
-i wrote down 'presentation..' what does that mean? haha
-also, we want to get the Jitterbug Club to do an instructional section.
*GOAL: Jitterbug Club, Blessed Union, getting ugly dresses from Claire and Amy
for Miss Relay

SPONSORSHIP:
-Lori's people havent been interested....KEEP TRYING!
-i'm getting sponsorship packets made up so we can blitz again FOR SURE THIS
TIME on thursday.
-i'm going to call the stars and moons people
-we need to contact chapters to talk about donating $100.
-we're asking bars to sell stars and moons. LET'S DO THIS IMMEDIATELY NOW THAT
POLAR PLUNGE IS OVER!
-before our meeting on tuesday, i'm going to make a list of our sponsors last
year so we can contact/harrass them.
-remind businesses when you talk to them that they can donate items too, not
just money!
*GOAL: i don't know what i wrote down haha. but i think it's just going uptown!

FOOD & BEV:
-march 7 is the last time they meet for the SCORE grant - i'm calling Billie
about this.
-will Pizza Hut donate pizzas? get in touch with them!
-Audra's dad donated $100 from Kroger to be used for food at Kroger. thanks,
Mr. Miliken!

PUBLIC RELATIONS:
-come back closer to the event to get relay put on the tvs at Baker
-PUT TEAM CAPTAINS MEETINGS ON THE TVS, THO! the first one is March 2 8-10 in
Baker 240. do this a week before!
-we're doing the follett's window closer to relay
-at the next meeting we're going to plan a time to paint the wall!
*GOAL: lydia is going to cal follett's. monica is doing the tvs for the team
capt's mtg.

SURVIVORSHIP:
-i keep forgetting about this, i'm sorry. i suck.
-i'm emailing angela and laura the poems for the luminary ceremony
*GOAL: getting one other place to donate food for survivors dinner

TEAM RECRUITMENT:
-getting AEPi's VP's name so they can start a team
-email the Lost Flamingo Company - their adviser is John McCarthy - they need
a team!
-talk to frats and sororities!
-SOMEONE talk to Tyler Ardrey or someone else on the Men's Crew Team! they
ahve no idea what they're doing i think.
-BRITTANY follow up with the dorms>contact RDs! just ask for other numbers for
other greens!
-i talked to the guy in charge of Polar Plunge and I need to set up a meeting
with Kent Smith, VP of student affairs (i think) to get the word out to campus
about starting a team. i have lots of info on this.
*GOAL: finish team checklist & make a flyer for the team capts mtg!

GENERAL:
-CASE RACE FOR A CURE is our A Phi O social. it will be held FRIDAY FEB 20 @
9. location TBA! if you plan on drinking (which you totally dont have to -
just come and hang out with us!!!!!!!!!) please bring FIVE DOLLARS TO THE NEXT
MEETING! it will go towards a case and the rest will go towards fundraising.
-TRACEY is getting our committee shirts priced. teams will be able to buy
them. we'll let you guys know how m uch each shirt design will be so you can
decide which to buy!
-i'm FWDing the thing to get the relay fundraising thing on your facebooks -
everyone please do this!
-i met with our new Billie. Her name is Hilary Patrick and she is awesome! we
finally have help again! she'll be in attendace at the meeting after the
upcoming one.

THANKS!

Madeleine Stevens
E.W. Scripps School of Journalism