[Relay-L] this is a long email. EVERYONE must read it!

Madeleine M. Stevens ms222706 at ohio.edu
Wed Apr 8 13:14:40 EDT 2009

hi ladies & gents! so last night's team captain's meeting was very successful
and we had a great turn out. we implemented 2 challenges for teams and each
will result in the winning team being awarded half of the money our committee
raises. the first challenge is that the team who does the most online
fundraising gets 1/2 and the team who has the most creative fundraiser gets
the other 1/2. they have to create a facebook event and invite katie and i to
it and we'll go and judge it. sounds good huh?! i'm excited. also, Phi Gamma
Delta (fiji) fraternity, did a great fundraiser this year called Cuts for
Cancer, where whomever went to Regis salon and paid $5 for a haircut, their
money was donated to ACS. they have a check for that money and it will be
presented to us at Relay! isnt that sweet? that money is going to count to
Fiji's team's total, but it all goes to the same place so whatevs!

also, we're re-vamping the way we're running our meetings frmo here on out,
just to be more efficient. FIRST: we are creating an agenda for every meeting
which hilary will type up and print out. ALL COMMITTEE HEADS MUST EMAIL HILARY
(hilary.patrick at cancer.org) with their updates and ANYONE WHO WANTS TO SPEAK
AT THE MEETING must also send her what you want to say BY THE MONDAY BEFORE
OUR MEETINGS. this way everything will know what's going on and our meetings
will run more smoothly. SECOND: Tori Aber, one of our newest members, has
volunteered to be our secretary and take minutes of every meeting so katie and
i can worry about other things. THANKS TORI! she will email those minutes out
to everyone within 2 days after the meeting. THIRD: we will continue to take
updates from each committee (which will also be included in the agenda), then
allow for a few minutes of discussion after each committee's update. each
person will have a set goal that they must complete by the next meeting. no
more dilly dallying! we gotta crack down! FOURTH: this is for MORGAN!!! could
you please type up the agenda for Relay and email it to everyone over
listserv? we'd like for everyone to know what's going on at relay now that
it's getting down to crunch time.

another thing: we've decided that it would  be a good idea to designate one
day each week where we're passing out relay flyers at college gate/baker
center. the dates are still tentative as katie is going to see if we're able
to have the set times/places, so at our next official meeting which is
Tuesday, April 21 we will have sign up sheets for you guys.

I have contacted the Post, WOUB, and a local radio station to have stories
done about relay and a PSA made for radio. i've also had a write up done about
relay in Dr. Kent Smith, director of student affairs's quarterly newsletter.
PR GIRLS: you are gunna be busy!

Katie: she's ordering 2 boxes of candy  bars for us to sell during spirit week

Tracey: you're contacting the wrestling team! Rugby actually facebooked me
last night about getting a team together so dont worry about them. they're
getting all set up. also, please try to get my reimbursements done asap haha
i'm becoming broke as a joke.

EVERYONE: letter writing party is next tuesday at 8:30 in * .  bring 5-10
addresses that we can mail letters to asking for donations! this is a very
effective fundraiser and there will be food! shwingggg who doesnt love
pizzaaaa!!! also, please keep talking to everyone you meet/every organization
you know of to get teams started! we're totally making progress guys, this is
awesome. i'm so proud of us all!

Me: i'm sending out this email, contacted the media, and have to contact Pepsi
about pop and we still need to get on the ball with food. oh, also i'm going
to talk to Lauren from CAC to utilize their help!

Sponsorship: please pick up the money from college book at the beginning of
next week! also, be ready to contact every place who has donated/sold over
$100 worth of stars and moons and get their logo. that needs to be in by April
26!!! so please start emailing/calling/going into those places.

i told you this was a long bugger, but it was well worth it. i want everyone
to be up to speed with waht everyone else is doing. love you all so much and i
cant believe we're actually doing this!!!! it's HUGE! i'm so excited that it's
finally coming together. god love ya'll and have a bomb diggity
easter/passover!

Madeleine Stevens
E.W. Scripps School of Journalism
Public Relations Major