[Pisigmaalpha] Minutes from meeting on 11/11/14

Gunovich, Blair bg245612 at ohio.edu
Wed Nov 19 21:07:41 EST 2014

>From our last meeting of fall semester, we discussed the following:

Planning for next semester will continue to focus on movie screening(s) as an event, since our advisor is particularly interested in this idea.  Suggestions and topics for this are welcome, if there's anything you've seen or heard about that you think is particularly interesting and relevant.  ?

The Chipotle fundraiser has not been forgotten, just delayed.  Chipotle is fully booked for this semester in terms of fundraising activities, so this will be bumped to the spring.  Dates and times are contingent upon Chipotle's availability, but will be announced as soon as possible.

Dr. Goldman has been difficult to schedule for our signature Pizza with the Profs event this semester, so we're currently looking into other professors for the spring.  If you have a professor you'd like to see/hear more of, or their research topic is just plain interesting, come prepared to make a pitch on their behalf at our next meeting (or email me), and we'll move forward from there.  Currently under consideration, and dependent on availability, are the following:

  *   ??Dr. Micheal Burton
  *   Dr. Jay Ryu
  *   Dr. Deborah Thompson
  *   Dr. Brandon Kendhammer
  *   Dr. Caitlyn Ryan
  *   Dr. Jennifer Fredette
  *   Dr. Loren Goldman

And in case you missed it, there was an election just two weeks ago.  If you forgot to participate in the renewal of the democratic process, BUT ALSO know someone who ran for office, we'll call it even if you think they'd be willing to speak here at OU.  If they won their election, great.  If they didn't, still great.  This can be an opportunity for some great insight into running political campaigns at any level of government, depending on who you know.  Bring any suggestions you have to our next meeting, or send them to me at bg245612 at ohio.edu.  We look forward to hearing from you!

Blair Gunovich
Secretary, Pi Sigma Alpha
bg245612 at ohio.edu