[Phipsi-l] White House & Red Cross Info.

Stirling, Nicholas ns135507 at ohio.edu
Mon Mar 8 17:27:17 EST 2010

Sorry there is so much information, but I need to be clear as possible with the following:

WHITE HOUSE TOUR INFORMATION:
As I mentioned in chapter yesterday, I am working on setting up a tour of the White House for any brothers interested in doing so over spring break. There are two types of tours available: one, which is conducted in the morning hours, is a general tour given by a White House employee. I personally have never taken this tour, but I have been on the White House grounds while one was being conducted and they were also able to stop and watch Marine One take-off with the president on board. That happening for you though is purely based on the president's schedule and if he happens to be flying during the tour then great. The second tour that is offered would be given by my father, who is the director of Federal Law Enforcement Policy, on the National Security Staff to the President. This tour would be given after business hours (approx. 7:00pm) and I believe only tours the East Wing. I will have more info. later pending availablity.

My father and I are still trying to figure out if there are time slots open to even give these tours during our spring break. If there are time slots open and he is able to register, we will only be able to take FIVE brothers (a total of SIX guests including myself). With that said, if you are absolutly 100% sure you can and would show up to my house at some point over spring break for a tour of the White House, I will need a response e-mail from you with your full name, birthdate, your drivers license number, and a cell phone number. The United States Secret Service will do a fast background check on you before I can confirm you are invited to the White House. Keep that in mind. Then, I would like you to figure out what day you think works best for you (excluding that Thursday, March 26) so I can work with my father in figuring out when to attempt to set this up. I will try to take into account everyones preference, but in the end I can only take what is available. IF all of this does not end up working out for our spring break, I assure you I can get you a tour over summer. That offer also goes for anyone who cannot make the tour over spring break. Over summer I could also get you a tour of ATF Headquarters and possibly something in the US Capital, since I will be working there on a 2-week security detail. PLEASE RESPOND TONIGHT OR TOMORROW IF YOU WISH TO TOUR THE WHITE HOUSE.

RED CROSS VOLUNTEER INFORMATION:
I also mentioned in chapter that I have been in contact with the American Red Cross chapter here in Athens, OH. I am particularily interested in training to volunteer my time to the Disaster Response Team, but would like to get into anything at the Red Cross. There will be a new volunteer orientation NEXT TUESDAY, MARCH 16 at 5:30pm at the Red Cross office in Athens. If you are interested, you will need to pick up a volunteer packet at the office and fill it out prior to the orientation. This packet includes information that will help them conduct a background check on you. Again, keep this in mind. Please respond to my e-mail account if you are interested so I know how many people to expect to attend with me. I can also pick-up packets for those who don't have a car and/or the time and drop them off at the house. Please respond ASAP if you wish to attend the orientation and become an ongoing volunteer with the Red Cross.

Regards,

Nick Stirling
ns135507 at ohio.edu<mailto:ns135507 at ohio.edu>
571-246-1453