[OUWC] Community service updates

Smith, Jessica js726613 at ohio.edu
Tue Jan 10 14:04:29 EST 2017

Hello everyone,

A few updates for spring semester:

*        I attached a flyer for an opportunity both this Saturday the 14th and Saturday the 21st. It's a really easy and fun way to get hours - all you have to do is go to one (or both) of these basketball games with a can of food to give. Your attendance is only counted if you bring a canned food item, and whatever two club sports bring the largest percentage of their roster gets chick-fil-a. Also, I'm pretty sure they're giving away socks at this Saturday's game. AND, this will be a team bonding event.

These games will not be mandatory events, but I would highly encourage it because 1) we want to win (duh, chick fil a) and 2) if we don't have the hours we need as the semester progresses, events will become mandatory if we are really reaching for those hours. We're aiming for 20 hours per girl on our team, and this is a fun way to get it done and not have to stress later.

Socks. Possible nugs. Bonding. Several hours towards community service hours. Win-Win-Win-Win.

In order for me to fill out the forms and for your hours to count, please text/email me if you're intending to go by this Thursday evening.

*        Our second and final swim meet is Saturday, January 28th at 1:45 (and will last roughly 2 hours). If you did not go to the previous swim meet, it is mandatory that you attend this one. Previously, I had 20 on team snap marked available, and now that number is 11 - if you did not go to the first swim meet, and your name is not on the list/it was and you took it off, please mark yourself available again. If you did not go to the previous swim meet and have a conflict with this one, please email me. You should definitely try to go if you did not go to the first one so other team members don't have to go to both to fill your place.
Given how many girls email me that they are unavailable for the second swim meet, (and because the roster has changed since fall,) we may need more girls to go that already went the first time. If you know you're available and want to go a second time, it would be sincerely appreciated if you marked yourself available on team snap. As long as we get to 25, we're good (and if a last minute conflict comes up, please notify me of the conflict and your replacement buddy you found on your own).

*        We'll resume visiting the dog shelter when the weather warms up.

Thanks fam,

Jessica Nicole Smith
Psychology Major, Ohio University 2018
Community Service Chair, Ohio Women's Crew
Psi Chi International Honor Society in Psychology
Js726613 at ohio.edu<mailto:Js726613 at ohio.edu> | (614) 420 - 4450