[OUWC] Updates for the week

Dumais, Carly cd624312 at ohio.edu
Mon Feb 20 17:30:59 EST 2017

Hello all [😊]  I wanted to send out some updates and reminders that will be happening in the next few weeks. We will also go over this at the meeting but I wanted to give you the information in advance.
Spring Break:
-If you haven't signed a contract, please contact Caroline so you can set up a time to do this. The contract says that you will pay for both payments before AND after break regardless if you quit or don't go.
-If you feel any sort of injury coming on, please please please go see Nikki (our trainer) this week. Her hours are Monday through Wednesday from 5-7 and Thursday from 2-4. We want to have a safe and successful spring season, and in a few weeks we will be practicing two to three times a day. We want to prepare ourselves with staying healthy. That means starting to eat healthy (if you don't already), drinking lots of water, and stretching thoroughly before and after practice. Or even before you go to bed!
-Our first payment is next Monday, February 27th. Contact Jeannie with any questions. Anything you earned from Yankee Candle will be taken off of your total. An email will be sent out within the next couple of days informing you what you owe next week.
-Pre-dinner: This will be at Carly's house the Friday before we leave 6:30pm. Here is the link for food: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s9ucM-Gr2EArVIP1UV8srFqt9ODZ0KCP4IUEPqDmtT4/edit?usp=sharing The number in parentheses is how many girls can sign up for that item. If you are a part of the salads or pasta bakes, coordinate with those girls for who is buying what so people don't bring the same thing.
Relay for Life: Every year we attend Relay for Life. It is held in the Walter Fieldhouse and will be on March 24th. It is from 6PM-3AM. We get a ton of community service hours, it is one of our biggest events. We will talk more about it at the next meeting. You do have to donate $10.
Coxswain Class: This Saturday morning (Feb. 25) at 9AM we are having a coxswain class in the library. Please let Keenan know that you are coming in advance so we know how many people to expect.
Okay, I think that is all for now! Also, congrats to everyone who rowed and helped with our very first Erg-A-Thon. We did a great job and I look forward to seeing how it goes in the following years. I want to also remind novice that you have 2ks on Friday. Enjoy the rest of your evening [😊]

Carly

Patton College of Education

Restaurant, Hotel, and Tourism

Ohio University Class of 2017