[OUWC] Wednesday and Friday workouts

Hipp, Lexi ah661711 at ohio.edu
Wed Nov 25 13:59:59 EST 2015

Heyyooo

Here's the plan for this week with workouts. Normally today would be our rest day, but since tomorrow is Thanksgiving, we'll make Thursday be our rest day, although there is an ab circuit attached in case you want one while you're watching the parade or football on the couch [😝]

I've written workouts for today and for Friday of this week for us to follow. Since we don't practice on the weekends I didn't write a workout for the weekend but it wouldn't hurt to go for a run or to do a body or ab circuit.

If you do not have access to an erg, that's ok. Instead I would like you to run, bike, or swim for 45 minutes.

Today (Wednesday, November 25th)

Erg piece

8x500m/ 2 min. easy paddle in between each 500

- Push yourselves on these

- These should be sprints

Erging alternative

Do some form of cardio for 45 minutes (running, biking, swimming)

Body/Ab circuit

Cardio and Core (Attached)

- Cycle through 3 times

Thursday, November 26th (Thanksgiving!)

Ab Circuit

- If you're bored and want to, you can do this circuit while you're sitting on the couch [😝]

- Sofa Abs

    - Cycle through 3 times

Friday, November 27th

Erg piece

Set your ergs for 30 minutes.

- Row for 10 minutes at a steady state maintaining a 24-26 stroke rate

- After the first 10 minutes you'll row for 2 minutes of pressure on and then 3 minutes of pressure off.

- When you have pressure on, keep your SR around 28-30 and get your split as low as you can

- When you have pressure off, try and keep your SR between 22-24 and make sure your split doesn't go above 2:45

Erging alternative

Do some form of cardio for 45 minutes (running, biking, swimming)

Ab Circuit

Total Abs (Attached)

- Cycle through 3 times

If you have questions about a piece or an exercise please let me know and I'll explain it better to you. Keep in mind for the ab/body circuits that between each exercise you are not supposed to rest. You can rest up to 2 minutes between each cycle.

I'll be sending another email out either tomorrow or Friday about some other things coming up for us when we get back to campus so stay tuned.

Otherwise, have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow with your friends and family! [😊]

[cid:bd0228c5-e968-431f-811c-2e98430c6e8d]

Lexi Hipp
Patton College of Education
Middle Childhood Education Science and Social Studies
Ohio University Class of 2017
Ohio University Women's Crew, President