[OUWC] Monday lifting

Hipp, Lexi ah661711 at ohio.edu
Sun Nov 22 20:20:59 EST 2015

Hello everyone!

I hope you all had a good time at Thanksgiving yesterday!

Tomorrow we will be lifting in accordance with our lifting schedule. The set for tomorrow is below and videos for each of the lifts. Please watch them so you can understand what to do if you don't already know. If you watch the video and still aren't entirely sure how to do it, please ask me in the morning and I will show you! When you watch the videos please click on the female tab as well!

Also, when you're lifting, please make sure you're being careful. Make sure these lifts are challenging for you. Don't hurt yourself by trying to lift too much weight, but make sure you're still pushing yourself so you can get stronger. Another thing to keep in mind is to make sure you're doing the lift the way it's supposed to be done. I send out the videos for you guys so you can see how it's supposed to be done. If you do it incorrectly, you'll either get hurt or not get out of it what you should.

That being said, make sure that when you're lifting free weights (anything not with a machine) that you're spotting your partners and making sure they don't drop weights on themselves. On the bodyweight squats, it says until failure, that means until you can't do it anymore.

As always, if you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask me!

Day I, Week III

Squats, 5x5
Deadlifts, 5x5
Leg Press, 3x8
Leg extension, 2x15
Bodyweight squats, 3 second hold at bottom, 3x FAILURE (legitimately push yourself. The amount of energy used should significantly change the timing of the heat death of the universe.)

Squats -

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/barbell-squat

Deadlifts-

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/barbell-deadlift

Leg Extensions-

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/leg-extensions

Leg Press-

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/leg-press

Bodyweight Squat (featuring Steve Cook)-

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/bodyweight-squat<http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/bodyweight-squat>

Lexi Hipp
Patton College of Education
Middle Childhood Education Science and Social Studies
Ohio University Class of 2017
Ohio University Women's Crew, President