[OUWC] Community Service Opportunity!!

Hipp, Alexis ah661711 at ohio.edu
Mon Nov 17 15:20:56 EST 2014

Hey ladies!

Obviously we have all heard about the awful fire that happened on Sunday morning and the students that were affected by it. Luckily, we have an opportunity to do our part to help out and also get come community service hours from it. Initially they were asking for donations of clothes and toiletries but it has come up that what is really needed is money.

The message below is from Jess Orlowski and it explains what to do. If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Lex :)?

Clubs,

With further information from the Dean of Students, please see the below message to move forward with this project:

“What we really need is money in our emergency fund – the money we use to put the students up in hotels, give them each $100 Walmart gift cards, food – all of that comes from our OHIO Parent and Family Endowment.   We have probably spent upwards of $7000 out of that fund already to support the students, and any help donating back to replenish the fund for next time would be amazing.  People can find it in the dropdown box here:  ohio.edu/give<http://ohio.edu/give>  OR if you want to collect cash and turn it into our office, we can make sure it gets to the fund. In gratitude,  Jenny”
Clubs that participate will receive 1 hour for every $10 that they bring in.
In order for this money to count, you can either bring cash to the Club Sport Office between 12pm-5pm or show some type of receipt from ohio.edu/give.
If you have any questions of concerns, please let us know!?