[OUWC] Random Bob Stuff

Lubbers, Ellen el181107 at ohio.edu
Sun Mar 4 17:09:23 EST 2012

Bikes- If you have a bike that you are willing to let people ride during Camp Bob, let me know ASAP. It will give up more options for cardio.  Also, if you have a bike rack, let me know that too.  Including how many bikes it holds.

Google Map- If anyone's interested, I have made a Google Map for Bob and related things.  (Where we'll row, where we can go on our free day, etc.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=200272371571504432767.0004ba7101bca134b1b4e&msa=0

Options for Charleston Day- Consider them- Once we get n idea of the weather on that Wednesday, we will take a poll on what people want to do- Anything that an fill a car will get to go!

Boone Hall Plantation- "The oldest working plantation in the World!"
1h 30 from Bob
Beautiful plantation with lots of gardens and historic buildings.  Large slavery exhibit and a new black history exhibit.
Admission is $19.50,  $17 if you have AAA (I will try to cover everyone with mine, but no promises!)
It's a bit pricy, but admission includes:
            Entry to the plantation itself through the world famous Avenue Of Oaks (longest tree-lined avenue in the world!)
           "Black History In America" Exhibit
            Plantation House Tour
            The Plantation Coach Tour (weather permitting)
            The Slave Street and History Tour
            "Exploring The Gullah Culture"
            The Butterfly Pavilion
            Free Parking.
This is the plantation where many scenes from The Notebook were filmed.  There's another undisclosed Hollywood movie being filmed there now, too!

Folly Beach- Fun in the sun, with some historical stuff and a light house!
1h 40 from Bob
        7-mile-long reef
        Light house
        Civil war history sites
        Waves! (Big enough for surfing!- rental available!)
        For a price, there is also paddle boarding, boat rentals, etc!

Charleston- Shopping, historic city, open air market,  etc!
1h 25 from Bob
A pretty city to wander around in for the day
        Resurants
        Shopping
        Market with crafts/art
        Ice cream
        Peir
        Pretty/historical buildings
        Possible tour of Fort Sumter (on island) for about $20