[Ouwcrew-l] **READ MINUTES FOR MEETING 12 January 2011*****

Fisher, Sara sf109808 at ohio.edu
Wed Jan 12 21:47:49 EST 2011

OU Women’s Crew
General Meeting

I.      Autumn (as215508 at ohio.edu<mailto:as215508 at ohio.edu>)
[*]      Dues:  Must be turned in at your next meeting ( Wednesday 26 January 2011) $65
[*]      Camp Bob $$ due Week 6 (9 February 2011)àWe will let you know how much it is going to be Be on the look out for an email soon on the cost (the $$ is going to be due all at once)
[*]      $$ for Spring details/ explanations See attachment for a run-down and some helpful hints on how to save some money =)
[*]      Payment Plans Please talk to Autumn on an individual basis if you would like to set up a payment plan.  (by doing so you can start to pay now so it isn’t a mass amount to pay all at once come spring)
[*]      Gas Money reimbursement If you drive in the spring for practice, you will get $1 credit for each day you drive.  Sara will be keeping a running tally of how many days you drive for practice =)

II.   Savannah (sb295208 at ohio.edu<mailto:sb295208 at ohio.edu>)

1)     Regatta Central 2011 waiver sign- up

a.     Rowers will receive an e-mail as soon as our paperwork process for our 2011 affiliation with USRowing.

-Everyone needs to renew their waivers since it is a new year.  BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR AN EMAIL REMINDER WITHIN A WEEK

2)     Erg Sprints

a.     Hammer Ergatta- Cleveland, OH (2/13) –optional

-Please email Savannah if you are interested in going.

-It is a 2k on the ergs for anyone wondering

b.     Midwest Championship Erg Sprint- Columbus, OH (2/26)- mandatory

i.     $25.00 to enter

3)     Spring Regattas

a.     Redhawk Sprints (4/9) Oxford, OH

-@ Miami University

-it will be a day trip

b.     SIRA- drivers? (4/16- 4/17) Oak Ridge, TN

-we will be going for sure to this

-leaving on Thurs.; Fri.= practice on the course; Sat.=race

-if you are willing to drive and were not at the meeting, please email Savannah asap

-we will be staying at the YMCA

c.      4/30 conflict: MACRA or GOV CUP, Indianapolis v Charleston

-GOV CUP was chosen

-it is Mom’s Weekend so it will be a day trip

d.     Aberdeen Dad Vail Regatta (5/13-5/14) Philadelphia, PA

-leaving Wed.

-more details to come as it gets closer

e.     ACRA? (5/28-5/29) Gainesville, GA

III.  Jen (ja270508 at ohio.edu<mailto:ja270508 at ohio.edu>)
[*]      Volunteering at ARTSwest
-1 day per wk (2-3hours per evening)
-direct ppl to classrooms, answer phones ***this is for     community service
-after school programàemail Jen if interested
              **if you commit, you must commit to that same day each week for the after sch. program
[*]      Swim Meet
THANK YOU FOR EV. 1 WHO SHOWED UP!!! WE EARNED 45 HOURS!!!!

IV.           Maddison (maddisonmattey at yahoo.com<mailto:maddisonmattey at yahoo.com>)
FUNDRAISING!!!!
•     Kroger cards
o     you will receive an email from me with the website link and directions to register.
o     send it to everyone you know who shops at Kroger!
•     parents, family, professors, friends, doctors, etc.

•     -mysportsdreams.org<http://-mysportsdreams.org/>
o     register online this week
o     don’t send to parents please
o     please take this seriously!!!
•     card tournament
o     Anyone have some cards?
o     Who knows how to play euchre?
•     gas station attendants
o     Week 4 (tues, wed, thurs?)

•     grinders flyers
o     What dorm do you live in??
o     Monday/Tuesday night?
Please email Maddison if you were not at the mtg to let her know this info for distributing the fliers.

Later in the quarter plans
valentines grams
-paint old oars
-wait tables
-book buyback

V.   Megan (md234006 at ohio.edu<mailto:md234006 at ohio.edu>)
[*]      Safety officer wanted!!  à must be certified in CPR and First Aid
[*]      There will be classes held soon for those interested in getting certified
[*]      If you are interested, let Megan know ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**If you have any questions about any particular item that we talked about, please contact the respective exec. Member.  I have included their emails.***

P.S.  Ellen would like to have some friends so everyone add her as a friend on Facebook (Her last name is LUBBERS).  =)))))

PPS If you were not at the meeting, please send me your: name, phone number, and email.  Thank you and have a great evening.

Sara L Fisher