[Ouwcrew-l] The future of club sports

Mason, Tegan tm152006 at ohio.edu
Tue Apr 20 20:12:57 EDT 2010

I just got this email:

Club Sports Presidents and members,
This is Erich Hiner from the OUCSC letting you know that the cuts to Club Sports will be removed from next year's budget, according to Dean Doug Franklin! Provost Benoit apparently looked over the budget proposal, saw its potential to negatively affect students, and told Franklin to rework it. The decision to rework the budget has been confirmed by Franklin himself.
Needless to say, tomorrow's rally at McDavis' office hours is CANCELED. Club Sports will survive, and there is no longer any need to approach McDavis about this issue. Please spread the word to all your club members and supporters. If individual students want to attend and thank McDavis and his colleagues for saving our program, then they can still go at the regularly scheduled time. However, there is no longer a need for protest. Our sports are safe!
OUCSC volunteers will be present outside Cutler to redirect any students who missed the message. We take no responsibility for the actions of individual students.
Although it seems we've won this struggle, I encourage all Club Sports members to stay informed about this. Franklin has yet to submit a revised budget and he won't until he returns from his current business trip. Until he submits a new budget, there is always a chance for him and the provost to change their plans. Barring that possibility, we're in great shape.
Thanks to all of you who helped save Club Sports!
Erich Hiner, OUCSC Organizer

So there you go. We are in the clear so no more worries!

For those who celebrate this weird holiday ( and i know that it is none of you) i wanted to let you know that you should look up the origin of the holiday because its kinda interesting. Also 72 hour rule begins tomorrow morning!!! keep it in mind....ALSO GET YOUR SECRET ROWER GIFTS!!!

Please and thank you!

Love you all bye!

TLM