[Ouwcrew-l] Last Night's Rockin Success!

se146104 at ohio.edu se146104 at ohio.edu
Fri Mar 13 09:58:06 EDT 2009

Hey Ladies!
Ok so nobody likes a Debbie Downer so I think the best way to describe the
success of last night's fundraiser is in terms of a fun, little good news-bad
news retelling.

Good News:
Team bonding is always fun and as Jill said, we were "making memories". And all
of this for the low, low price of $20. Such bonding allowed us to learn that
Jamilah has great talent in rhyming about wieners.
Bad News:
Said team bonding did indeed come to the low price of $20. Yes, we made zero
dollars. Literally. In fact, we lost money. Didn't even break even.

Good News:
I almost bought all of the supplies in advance, prior to cutting the fundraiser
in half. If it were not for my procrastination, we would have had over 100 hot
dogs to sell.
Bad News:
I still have enough hot dogs in my freezer to last me for at least a month, on
top of the 3 I ate last night.

Good News:
Jill got to have some very worthwhile face-to-face time with the townspeople of
Athens. This involved parading through intersections with a hot dog on a
pitchfork. We also got to use less-than-appropriate jokes about wieners and
toasted buns.
Bad News:
The townspeople of Athens had to deal with Jill harassing them with a hot dog on
a pitchfork. Also, the less-than-appropriate jokes may have been unsettling at
times.

Good News:
We got the word out about the women's crew team and its awesomeness.
Bad News:
This word-spreading involved an originally-nice-turned-creepy man wanting us to
take individual pictures on our camera phones while posing mid-hot dog eating
and post them on the internet and/or send them to him to do for us. Creepy
indeed. But he did at least buy 2 hot dogs, making him our top customer, if not
a bit of a lingerer.

Bad News:
After a week of 60-70 degree weather, last night's weather was freezing. Like
unreasonably cold given the recent weather situation.
Good News:
Tegan noticed our cold, and because she cared, she started a huge fire. Flames
were coming through the top of the grill. I was seriously waiting for it to
engulf the shrubbery and send all of College Gate into flames. The Athens News
would carry the following "Angry Crew: Rebels, Sends OU Landmark to its Fiery
Death". But of course, Tegan was only doing this because she loved us and didn't
want to see us freeze, she's so thoughtful in that way.

Good News
The person who nearly torched the area WAS NOT ME!!
Bad News:
None. I successfully stood in the vicinity of a grill for 2 hours without
personal accident. Enough said.

And finally, Good News:
We did not almost melt a hole through the table we borrowed from Baker. We
certainly did not, in all our knowledge, set a grill on the table, which would
have in theory warped the table via extreme heat.
Bad News:
The table we borrowed from Baker unluckily already had a warped dent with a
striking resemblance to both the exact size/shape of the grill we used. Now
technically, they could mistakenly and unfairly trace this back to us, in which
case we will vehemently deny.

Ok so after reviewing the facts, I say overall, NOT TOO SHABBY GIRLS! Yes, this
is precisely the fundraiser I had planned to go out on, who wants to leave an
exec position with some flashy success story? Not I, much better to have a low
key event with a few close friends. Besides, we learned an important lesson:
Money isn't everything, it's the people you hold dear that really matter in
life! K, thanks for helping out ladies!
Sara E