[Ouwcrew-l] Meeting Minutes January 29, 2009

Jessica Ziepfel jessicaziepfel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 22:05:01 EST 2009

I.Money
-Dues were due today.  If you were not at the meeting, you MUST get in
contact with Tegan to arrange a time for you to hand over the dough.
-Tegan's contact info: tm152006 at ohio.edu 440-342-6451

II. Erg Sprints
-The team's big competition for winter quarter is the Ohio State Erg
Sprints.  As a team, we travel to Columbus and participate in erg
races with several other teams from the state.
-Erg Sprints will take place on Saturday February 28th.  We will leave
early that morning and come back that evening.

III. Research Paper
-Allison Ketterer, a graduate assistant in the Club Sports Department,
is conducting her graduate research and would like our team to help.
All we have to do is fill out a quick survey at
<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=ILjO_2b04vr9pJSACsfi7_2f6A_3d_3d>
-To do the survey, you need a reference number and those were passed
out at the meeting.

IV. Parking Fundraiser
-The parking fundraiser is next Thursday, February 5 from 3:30-8:30pm.
 If you were not at the meeting, email Sara  se146104 at ohio.edu and let
her know if you are available.
-Because of the fundraiser, there will be NO GENERAL MEETING NEXT WEEK.

V. Sweats
-Tegan passed around a signup sheet for the sweats.  If you did not
sign up and still would like to order some, email her asap as she will
put the order in early next week.
-Tegan's contact info: tm152006 at ohio.edu 440-342-6451

VI. Spring Season
-Jill constructed a lovely powerpoint outlining the spring season.
-The team will depart for Camp Bob on March 21 and return March 28.
-April 17-19th Sira Regatta in TN
-April 25h Governor's Cup Regatta in WV
-May 1-2 MACRA regatta in MI
-May 7-10th Dad Vail Championship Regatta in Philly
- If you would like to write up support letters to fund your fees for
fall quarter, contact Tegan to arrange a time to get together and work
on them together tm152006 at ohio.edu 440-342-6451

VII. Coach Nick
-If you are too sick to come to practice (and only YOU can make that
decision) do not contact Jill or Nick, just don't show up.  They are
getting bombarded with messages from people who are not coming to
practice.
-If you have to miss a practice, just make sure you make it up and
write down your stats for that day on the sheet for the original
practice.  Nick uses those statistics to decide who will be in the
boats for regatta come spring, so the more practice you have on
record, the better your chances are.
-If you are too ill to attend a practice, you are too ill to go out
with your friends at night.  Don't take advantage of this.

VIII. Habitat For Humanity
-The team will be working with Habitat for Humanity as a community
service project.
-In order to raise money for the organization, we will be hosting a
themed social-Construction Workers!  Look for more information soon.

IX. Practice
-There is practice tomorrow, Friday at 6:30 and 7:30 AM.  There will
be no Saturday practice this weekend.