[Ouwcrew-l] Meeting Minutes January 22, 2009

Jessica Ziepfel jessicaziepfel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 21:22:11 EST 2009

We went over A LOT of important information so read these minutes
carefully, especially if you were not at the meeting.

I.LDWS
-The club sports leadership workshop will be WEDNESDAY JANUARY 28 9PM
in the Ping Lounge.
- The more girls that attend this workshop equates to more money for
the team.  If you are available, it is really important that you
attend.

II. Illness
- It's getting to be that time of year again.  We all are coming down
with something.  It really important that you keep yourself healthy
because a sick rower is not a good rower.  That means if you need to
miss practice, do so (let someone know ahead of time) but you need to
keep up with the rowing as well.

III. Dues
- Winter quarter dues are $70.  These will be due to Tegan at next
week's meeting.  If you are unable to attend the meeting, get a hold
of Tegan (tm152006 at ohio.edu) and arrange a time to pay your dues.
-If you have any issues with paying your dues on time, let Tegan know
and she can arrange a payment plan.  If you do not let Tegan know,
there will be $1/day fee added on to your dues.  The bottom line...pay
your dues or let Tegan know of any problems.

IV. Coach Nick
- There will be a mandatory practice this Saturday at 11AM in ping.
This practice will be a 2K test so KEEP HYDRATED.  If you are unable
to make Saturday's practice, you will be expected to attend practice
at 6:30AM on Friday.
-For those doing the 2K test on Saturday, your Friday practice will be
practice 2K to get your technique right.  This means you should row a
2K but don't focus on speed; instead, get an idea of the pace you want
to perform at during the real test.  This can be done at your leisure
anytime Friday, just make sure you write it down in the OUWC binder.
-TURN IN YOUR GOAL SHEET.  I'm attaching another blank copy.  Get
these into Nick ASAP.

V. Fund Raising
- Sara has organized a fundraiser for the team to work the parking
lots during the basketball game.  This will take place on Thursday
February 5th from 3:30-8:30pm.
-Fundraisers are mandatory for all teammates so if you do not have a
legitimate excuse, you are expected to be there. A sign-up was passed
around at the meeting so if you were not there, email Sara
(se146104 at ohio.edu) and let her know you are available.
-If you will not be attending, you need to inform Sara of your
legitimate excuse.

VI. Relay for Life
-Relay for Life is a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society.  The
event takes place May 29th-30th.  It is an overnight campout at the
fairgrounds where the team will walk around the track throughout the
night.  The purpose is to raise money for the ACS so Tegan has signed
the team up to participate.
-She needs us all to go online and signup for the event.  To do so go
to relayforlife.org/ou and type in the Team Name "Ohio Women's Crew"
and fill out all the appropriate information.

VII.  SPRING BREAK
-At tonight's meeting we introduced the wondrous event that is Camp
Robert Cooper.  During spring break, the team travels to South
Carolina for participate in an intense week of conditioning on the
water.  This is an excellent opportunity for all of us to bond as a
team as well as to get back to the basics and learn to row.  Because
of the shear amount of time we put on the water during this week, it
is imperitive that you attend if you plan on rowing in the spring.
- The cost is still rough as it is based on the number of girls
attending.  The cost will be a few hundred dollars but this includes
your travel to and from Summerton, SC, as well as your room and board
at the camp.  Tegan brought up the idea of sending out support letters
to friends and family in order to raise funds.  Contact Tegan if you
are interested.
- This week is an incredible experience and no matter how hard we try,
those who have attended will not be able to explain just how much fun
you will have.  We strongly encourage everybody to attend because you
surely won't want to miss it.

VIII.  Sweats
- After an arduous "discussion", the team came to a consensus on a set
of sweats (hoodie and sweatpants) for this season.  Tegan will take
the final design voted on tonight to get priced.  Next week we will
have a signup and a price guide for you all.  Again if you are unable
to attend the meetings, make sure Tegan knows if you would like to
order any sweats.

your lovely sec
Jessi
JessicaZiepfel at gmail.com