[Ouwcrew-l] HABITAT TOMORROW

Amy Zimmerman az124206 at ohio.edu
Fri Apr 3 15:42:23 EDT 2009

Hey ladies,

Sorry about the short notice of the details, but it has been kind of hectic
this week trying to get all of the right people organized!

So we are doing the Women Raise the Roof build, a coalition for Athens
County Habitat for Humanity- because we know how to raise the roof...
obviously.  This is a women-only build, so it is also very exciting that we
get the opportunity to give back to our community OUWC-style. SO GET PUMPED
:-) They just started the build on Thursday, and tomorrow we will be
helping with the foundation work.

They said they only need up to 10 people to come help out on Saturday, and
Tegan has sent the following list to me of people who have committed:

Jessi- driver
Jill G
Jenny Sucher
Ellen
Hannah- driver
Rachel
Jamilah
Steph DelRosal

These 8 people plus me makes 9, so one more person can come (and hop in one
of the two cars) and that person will be the FIRST ONE WHO EMAILS ME saying
they want to come.  For those of who you don't get a chance to help out
this time, we can help out at the end of the season when they will be doing
interior work.

For those of you who are coming, here's the dealeo: we will be meeting at
Ping-a-ling at 8 a.m. SHARP! It takes at least 20 minutes to get out there
and they start work at 8:30 but they won't be able to do anything until we
get there with our buff bods.

Here's what you need to bring:
- a couple bottles of water to quench your thirst
- a packed lunch to satisfy your hunger
- old shoes that you don't mind getting muddy, or work/ hiking boots if you
have them (I will be wearing my cowboy boots so if you're worried about
looking ridiculous, guarantee I'll look worse.)
- sunscreen to protect the thymine in your skin cell DNA from being
irradiated and forming a dimer (yikes!)
- LAYERS: if you haven't mastered this yet, you will by the end of spring
quarter... for tomorrow, note that it is going to be in the 30's overnight
tonight so it will be chilly in the morning, but it's going to warm up into
the 60's and be sunny so bring some shades too B-)

I will bring directions in the morning. I'm not sure how long we will be
out there, but the harder we work the quicker it will be!   Please direct
any questions, comments, concerns, thoughts, suggestions, or other ideas to
419-270-3000.  Sorry this email is horribly long, and thanks if you
actually read it.

See you in the morn!
Amy