[Ous-veterans] Bobcat Hustle 5K Race

Wymer, Mary wymerm at ohio.edu
Wed Feb 13 12:23:13 EST 2013

HEY YOU RUNNERS! This is an event that I wanted to let you know about.

Ohio University Southern Campus is sponsoring our second BOBCAT HUSTLE 5K RACE on March 23, 2013, beginning at 9:00am.  The proceeds of the race will benefit the Ohio University Southern Therapeutic Horsemanship Program.  This program is now offering services to veterans.  Research is showing the benefits of therapeutic riding for all types of issues that veterans are dealing with - from mobility issues to PTSD.  It is just amazing to see the results that can take place!

The cost to OU Students, Veterans and Active Military is $10.00 and you can register online at TriStateRacer.com or pick up a registration form in the Student Services Office.  For information you can also contact Tim Mollett, the race coordinator, at mollett at ohio.edu<mailto:mollett at ohio.edu>.

I WAS GOING TO CHALLENGE ALL OF THE VETERAN STUDENTS THAT I WORK WITH HERE AT SOUTHERN TO RUN WITH ME.  THIS CHALLENGE IS PUT ON HOLD DUE TO AN "MRI" ON MY KNEES THIS WEEK!

We also are selling paper horse shoes that can be purchased in honor of someone or in memory of someone.   We are asking at least $1.00 for each horse shoe.  It says "I Helped Keep a Rider in the Saddle at the Ohio Horse Park Center for Therapeutic Horsemanship".  These will be displayed on campus and the day of the race.

I hope that some of you will be able to participate or volunteer the day of the race.  We always need volunteers!  And so does the Horse Park. What a great opportunity it would be to help another veteran right here at OUS.

Thanks,
Mary Ann