[Ous-veterans] Scholarship Information

Wymer, Mary wymerm at ohio.edu
Tue Feb 12 12:19:42 EST 2013

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT 2013-2014 SCHOLARSHIPS

There are some changes to the scholarship process for the 2013-14 school year.  The online application is now available and the new first priority deadline is March 1st.  You can access the online application from the Southern Campus website (www.ohio.edu/southern<http://www.ohio.edu/southern>) by going to Financial Aid and scrolling to Southern Scholarships.  There are supplemental scholarship applications on this page under the Upperclassman tab also.  To be considered for scholarships at Southern Campus during the 2013-2014 academic year, all currently enrolled students are required complete the online application by March 1st (2013).  In addition to the scholarship application, students are encouraged to complete the 2013-2014 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon after January 1, 2013 as possible.

We have three scholarships that are veteran related that you should know about and may have already received information on.  If you have already completed the online scholarship application and have answered "yes' to any of the veteran questions, supplemental information will be or has been sent to you by E-mail.  The scholarships that are veteran related are as follows:

1.        Military Order of the Purple Heart Chapter 765 Scholarship

2.        The Frank McCown Veterans Memorial Scholarship

3.        HB Doc Riley Disabled American Veterans Scholarship

I have attached the supplemental application form for these three scholarships.  They can also be obtained by clicking on the scholarship name under the Upperclassmen tab.  I encourage all veteran students to apply!!

Also, just a reminder.  Please let me know if you are interested in developing a Combat Veterans Organization or any other type of club or support group at Southern.  I would work to assist you in any endeavor that would help and/or support you in any way.

Mary Ann