[Ous-lp-rp13] Social Class and the Hidden Curriculum of Work

Sylvia, Molly msylvia at greenbobcats.org
Sat Oct 6 16:00:54 EDT 2018

General thoughts on the article...
As an administrator, it is important to understand the culture of our
community, the type of parents or guardians the students are going home to
in order to effectively lead instruction. Understanding the social class of
the district is important because we as teachers and administrators need to
be able to relate to the students and parents and they need to be able to
relate to us. Additionally, we feel it's important to stretch students out
of their comfort zones and move toward mastery learning and analytical
thinking, especially because state tests and the ACT require higher order
thinking processes much beyond just the right answer.

--
*Molly Sylvia*
*7th/8th Grade Social Studies Teacher*