[Ous-lp-rp13] EDAD 6010, Answer to Question #2

Dusti Chapman dchapman91 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 20:09:34 EDT 2018

EDAD 6010, Answer to Question #2

Question: With which trait(s) do you personally already feel comfortable
and with which trait(s) do you perceive that you will need to focus your
attention, particularly during the next two years? Please provide the basis
for your response.

Personality, motivational, and skills are important traits that have been
studied and practiced to be important dynamics for understanding
leadership. I feel mostly confident that I have enough mastery in the
traits listed above to be a successful principal.

Personality covers a wide range of areas. For me specifically, I have
confidence that I have a suitable one for being a principal. I am calm,
collective, competitive, goal oriented and driven, expectations, emotional
stability, social boldness, enthusiasm, self-assurance, tough-mindedness,
comforting, and caring.

In regards to motivation, I have been known to not need outside sources to
motivate me. As I mentioned above, I have a competitive drive. This is
naturally my inner motivation. I have been driven since I was a little girl
to give everything I do with my best efforts. I am constantly striving to
reach personal goals without needing extrinsic motivation. I typically
motivate others, which I feel is important for a principal. A leader needs
to be able to motivate their team.

Lastly, but most certainly not least is skill. This is one area I perceive
that will need more focus and attention. This is primarily due to lack of
experience in specific duties that principals cover; their duties. However,
I am confident that I have the capabilities and abilities to lead, learn
and grow.