[Ous-lp-rp13] EDAD 6020; Answer to Question #3

Bruce, Brandy bj943410 at ohio.edu
Fri Jun 22 18:50:21 EDT 2018

I believe self-efficacy is party powered by intrinsic motivation. I want to, and believe that I can, make a difference in the lives of my students. As Ferdy said yesterday; "You have to stick to your morals and they will guide your decisions." This also play a huge role in self efficacy. Your morals and self-efficacy will guide every decision you make as an administrator. However, when making those decisions you always have to think, "What is best for my students, and my school."

I do not have a school of my own yet, but I spent about 2 1/2  years at Russell Primary School and Russell-McDowell Intermediate School.  The collective-efficacy in these two schools is amazing. Russell is known as one of the, if not the, best school in Kentucky. Russell has the same discipline plan throughout the schools. The students can earn individual or class "stars". These stars can be given to any student at any time from any school staff; cooks and custodians included. If someone sees a student being a "star" by doing something nice then they are rewarded with a star to take to the principal's office and put in a box on his desk. The next morning the principal calls every name that is on a star during morning announcements and the students can go to his office and pick a prize out of a treasure box. The class stars are awarded to a whole class that is seen being awesome in the hallway or is good during special classes. After a class gets ten stars they get a pizza party. These are just two examples of the many positive behavior management plans set into place within the schools. Since the school focuses so much time and attention towards promoting and rewarding positive behavior there are very few major behavior problems. Collective-efficacy plays a major role and has a positive impact on the students, teachers, staff and community.

Brandy Bruce

Graduate Student

Ohio University Southern Campus